Can I Flash Firmware Using Update on Sd Card on Recovery Mode
Has your Xiaomi phone received a new MIUI update? Then follow this guide to hands
install MIUI Recovery ROM
using stock recovery and Updater app on Xiaomi devices.
Whatever smartphone user prefers getting the software updates at the earliest possible. Only that’s not the instance every time. Manufacturers roll out updates over-the-air, often referred to as ‘OTA updates’. And these could have some time before they achieve every designated handset in the world. It could often exist annoying for a user to expect for the OTA notification. This waiting time could be of hours, days, or even a few weeks.
That’southward where transmission updating comes in handy. Xiaomi provides total ROMs of every update, for each of its compatible devices. The OEM releases two different versions of these updates, in dissimilar formats, following different installation methods. These are known as – Recovery ROM and Fastboot ROM. Today, nosotros are going to put some attention on the former, which is quite easier and less time-consuming than the latter. And then now you can follow the instructions beneath to
install MIUI Recovery ROM using Updater app and stock recovery.
- Install MIUI Fastboot ROM using MiFlash Tool (Xiaomi Devices)
- How To Fix Third Party Theme Error on Redmi Devices
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Devices
- Guide to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices
Table of Contents
Instructions to Install MIUI Recovery ROM on Xiaomi Devices
As the term ‘Recovery’ suggests, these firmware packages are installed using the stock recovery or by using the default Updater app, available on every Xiaomi device running
MIUI. We have covered both the methods in detail below.
Method 1: Flash MIUI Recovery ROM using Updater App
- First, download the full ROM for your device from the
official download page.
- Connect your Xiaomi phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to the phone’due south storage (Internal/SD carte).
- When the file has been successfully transferred, disconnect the device.
- On your device, go to the homescreen and open up the ‘Tools’ folder.
- Tap on the ‘Updater‘ app icon to launch it.
- Press the menu icon (3-dots) on the top-right of the phone’due south screen.
- Select the ‘Choose update parcel‘ selection.
- Navigate to the location where you transferred the file.
- Select the recovery ROM zip and printing ‘Ok‘ to ostend and
install MIUI Recovery ROM on your Xiaomi phone.
The flashing process will finish in a few seconds.
Method 2: Flash MIUI Recovery ROM using Stock Recovery
- Download the MIUI Recovery ROM goose egg file for your Xiaomi device from the
official download page.
- Rename the downloaded file to ‘update.zip‘.
- Connect your device to the PC and transfer the file to the telephone’s internal storage or SD bill of fare.
- Next, power downwards your Xiaomi device completely.
- Press and hold the Volume Up (+) and Power buttons birthday until you see the recovery manner.
- Select the recovery linguistic communication as ‘English‘.
- In recovery way, you will need to use the Volume keys to motion the selector and apply the Power push to confirm an choice.
- Select the ‘Install update.zip to Organisation‘ selection.
- Finally, tap on ‘Yep’ to install MIUI Recovery ROM using stock recovery.
- The new update volition exist automatically installed on your device.
- When the process is complete, press the ‘Dorsum‘ push and select ‘Reboot‘.
Your phone shall now exist running the latest MIUI firmware. You may get ahead and try all the new features and await an overall better performance.
This process goes mutual to almost all Xiaomi phones. Nosotros embrace all the latest MIUI updates for these devices and the steps in this tutorial will help you go those updates manually, at the primeval possible.
And then this was our detailed guide on how to install MIUI Recovery ROM using Updater App and stock recovery. If you have whatsoever questions, leave them in the comments section downwardly below.