Why Can T My Computer Detect My Printer
During the wireless setup in the software installation, when the Check Printer Settings dialog box is displayed, try the solutions 1 to 4 one by one in club.
one. Before checking the wireless setting
1-1. First make certain all devices, namely, i) printer, 2) admission point or iii) router is powered ON. So, turn OFF every device and turn them ON over again.
1-2. Identify the printer and access point, or router, in the way there are no obstacles betwixt them.
After doing step 1 and 2, click [ Redetect ] to go on the setup.
If the trouble persists, cheque the following solution [ 2. Ostend whether the setting of the main unit is right or non]:
ii.Confirm whether the setting of the master unit of measurement is correct or not
Ostend that the wireless LAN connection is active.
Click “Setup,” which is i of the function buttons.
push to select “Device settings” then push the OK button.
push to select “LAN settings” so push the OK button.
push button to select “Confirm LAN settings” then push the OK button.
button to select “WLAN setting list” then push the OK button.
When “WLAN setting list” is displayed, confirm that “Active” is displayed in “Connection”.
If “Active” is not displayed in “Connexion” (“Inactive” is displayed), the printer is not continued with the admission betoken or the router. Please do the wireless setting once more.
iii. Review the setting of the “Firewall” security software
three-ane. The “Firewall” software interferes with the necessary network advice.[How to confirm]
The operation of the “Firewall” security software may interfere with the advice for the wireless setup.
Register the following files to the “Firewall” security software as a file with access permit, or perform the setup with “Firewall” paused.
– For Windows
File proper name: Setup.exe
– For Macintosh
File proper name:
BJ Network Tool.app
Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX.app
- Regarding how to finish the operation of the “Firewall” security software, refer to the instruction manual for the security software, or contact its manufacturer.
- Before disabling the “Firewall” operation of the security software, disconnect from the Internet.
If you yet have the trouble, try the next solution carte “iv. Review the setting of the admission point or the router.”
4. Review the setting of the access bespeak or the router
4-1. Equally the following setting interferes with the communication for the wireless setup, change the setting. Afterwards the setting is inverse, perform the installation.
- Regarding how to change the settings of the access point, and the cautions along with its change, refer to the instruction manual for the access indicate, or contact its manufacturer.
- MAC address filtering function is enabled:
Change the setting of the admission indicate so that the MAC address of the printer can be permitted.
- The same SSID is used between the estimator and the printer, and the privacy separator or the network disconnection role is enabled:
Disable the privacy separator or the network disconnection function.
- The different SSID is used between the computer and the printer, and the privacy separator or the network disconnection role is enabled:
Use the same SSID for the computer every bit the one for the printer.
- How to ostend the MAC address of the printer
Click “Setup,” which is one of the function buttons.
button to select “Device settings” and so push the OK button.
button to select “LAN settings” and so push the OK button.
button to select “Confirm LAN settings” and then push the OK push.
button to select “WLAN setting list” then push button the OK button.
step half dozen.
When “WLAN setting list” is displayed, confirm the MAC address using the
4-ii. Confirm whether the firmware of the admission indicate or the router has been updated to its latest version or not.
For how to update the firmware, refer to the instruction transmission for the access indicate or the router, or you lot may contact each manufacturer for assistance.