Use St10+ Firmware Update for Q500+ for Chroma St10+
Updating the Typhoon Q500 4k firmware along with the ST10 Remote Controller will add terrific new features to the quadcopter, improve information technology’s functioning and fifty-fifty fix software bugs.
At that place is a bit of piece of work if you oasis’t updated the Q500 firmware earlier. Once you take done it once or twice, then it will go very easy to update the Typhoon 4k firmware and ST10 controller.
Here we will take you step by step on how to update the Q500 4k firmware along with some videos.
Typhoon Q500 4k Firmware Update Procedure
- Install the Q500 GUI software on your PC or Mac
- Download and install FTDI CDM USB drivers
- Download and install the latest firmware for the Q500 quadcopter and ST10 Controller
- Update Typhoon 4k firmware
- Update ST10 or ST10+ Remote Controller firmware
Next is the individual steps to update the Q500 firmware. At the cease of this post we have an excellent video on updating the Typhoon 4k firmware.
How To Update Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4k Firmware
- You lot will need a tweezers and the USB stick for updating the Typhoon 4k firmware.
- Commencement we demand to download the Q500 GUI software. Click on this
Yuneec Q500 download page.
- Choose the Windows or Mac version of the Q500 software and click on it. This volition download the Q500 GUI software to your estimator.
- Click on the download and follow the instructions to install the Q500 GUI software (next, accept licence understanding, next, next etc and cease).
- Open the Q500 GUI software on your estimator.
- On the kickoff screen, item 1 states “If your reckoner doesn’t take the USB driver installed, find the latest version here and install information technology, so restart your calculator”. Now nigh computers accept USD drivers installed so you may be able to skip this footstep. However, if you need USB drivers, then click the the link in that judgement.
- Clicking that link will bring you to the
Virtual Com Port Drivers
site. Look for your version of Operating Organization and click on information technology. For example, if you take a Windows 64 flake operating system, so click on the “Setup Executable” over on the right hand side. This will download FTDI CDM Drivers.
- When downloaded, click on the FTDI CDM package and follow the instructions to extract and install. (adjacent, extract, next, side by side etc).
- Then go back to the Yuneec Q500 download page (link is above), scroll down the page and you volition run across “Drone Firmware”. This is latest version of the Typhoon 4k firmware. At the time of writing it is v1.07 for the quadcopter.
- Click on details and yous would see a description of the improvements, new features etc which the Typhoon 4k firmware will add to the quadcopter.
- Click on Download. This will put the Typhoon 4k firmware onto your computer. Generally you will find information technology in your downloads folder.
- Next, download the ST10 or ST10+ Remote Controller firmware to your reckoner. This latest firmware build for the ST10+ is ST10+vO1b31c. The firmware is quite a big file with the latest version being 117 MB.
- Afterward the download has completed, plug in the USB stick which came with the Typhoon 4k (remove the USB gimbal adapter wire from the USB stick).
- Adjacent we demand to connect the USB wire into the firmware update wire which is located in the bombardment compartment at the back of the Typhoon 4k quadcopter.
- Open up the battery door and remove the bombardment. Wait into the bombardment compartment opening and yous will see a wire over on the correct side. It is fastened by Velcro. Use a tweezers to pull the wire out.
- Separate the two wires which you have simply pulled out.
- Connect the USB cable from the computer into i of the 2 wires which you lot have just separated.
- Move the wires to the correct and sideslip back in the Q500 battery.
- Side by side, with the Q500 GUI software open on your figurer, switch on the Q500 quadcopter.
- The software volition do a system test on the quadcopter.
- Click on Device Information which is on the left column of the Q500 software.
- Tap on Firmware Update.
- Browse to the location where yous downloaded the Typhoon 4k firmware to. Click on the file and and so click on open.
- Click Update. A progress bar allows yous to meet the Q500 firmware update moving along.
- At the end. click Stop and Restart the Q500 quadcopter.
- After the restart, so you can verify the Draft 4k is at present upward to engagement by going into the Device Information icon in the Q500 software.
- Now to finish off, you need to shutdown the Q500 quadcopter and remove the battery. Disconnect the USB cable, re-attach the 2 separated cables dorsum together and push them dorsum into the battery compartment. Then put back in the battery.
That is all there is to the Typhoon 4k firmware update. Next we will look at the firmware update process for the ST10 remote controller.
If you demand whatsoever components or accessories for your multirotor then check out our
Draft Q500 4k parts, upgrades and accessories
How To Update the Yuneec ST10 Transmitter Firmware
Instructions To Update the ST10 Transmitter Firmware
- Have your microSD menu and slide it into the SD adapter and plug information technology into your figurer.
- The ST10 firmware update which you downloaded earlier will be in a zipped folder.
- Unzip the folder. It will create a folder chosen “Firmware” and “update.zip”.
- It is important
to extract the “update.zero” file.
- Likewise the firmware certificate includes a folder called “tx”, which should never be renamed as this contains a very important file chosen the “st10plus_tx_b32.bin” file.
- Copy the “Firmware” and “update.zip” onto the empty microSD card. Copy them directly onto the microSD card. So don’t create a binder on the microSD card and copy them in there.
- Take the battery out of the ST10 controller and insert the microSD carte du jour into the slot.
- Turn on the ST10+ Remote Controller, then select “System Settings” and click OK on the warning.
- Click “About Flying Mode Command”.
- Scroll down and select “Radio Control Update”.
- Select both the TX file and the RF file.
- Click “Update TX”. When completed click OK.
- Next click “Update RF”. When completed click OK.
- Click Finish.
- Next, select “System Update” and click OK.
- The update volition take about 1 minute and so the ST10 controller volition reboot.
- Cheque the “Build Number” to meet if it is now at the latest version.
- Remember, to switch off the ST10 and remove the microSD menu.
Hither is a terrific video which show to update the Typhoon 4k firmware along with the ST10 transmitter.