Try Cim Failed Ibm Hs23 Firmware Update
The Lenovo® BladeCenter® HS23 (7875, E5-2600 v2) is a next-generation two-socket blade server running the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2 product family. With its industry-leading RAS features, energy efficiency, outstanding performance, flexible and scalable I/O, and complete systems direction, HS23 offers a robust platform optimized for your mission-critical applications. Standard 30 mm single-broad grade-factor protects your investments past providing compatibility with the BladeCenter H, East, S, and HT chassis.
Withdrawn from marketing: The HS23 models covered in this product guide are now withdrawn from marketing.
- This Production Guide describes models of the HS23 with
Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v2 product family unit.
- For models with
Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 product family unit, see the Lenovo Press Product Guide
BladeCenter HS23 (E5-2600)
Changes in the March xx update:
- VMware ESXi 6.0 is currently not supported –
The Lenovo® BladeCenter® HS23 (7875, E5-2600 v2) is a adjacent-generation two-socket bract server running the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2 product family. With its industry-leading RAS features, free energy efficiency, outstanding functioning, flexible and scalable I/O, and consummate systems management, HS23 offers a robust platform optimized for your mission-critical applications. Standard thirty mm single-wide form-factor protects your investments by providing compatibility with the BladeCenter H, E, South, and HT chassis.
Suggested use: versatile platform to run a broad range of workloads, including infrastructure, virtualization, and enterprise applications.
The following figure shows the Lenovo BladeCenter HS23.
Figure 1. Lenovo BladeCenter HS23
Did yous know?
BladeCenter HS23 offers iv integrated LAN ports: dual-port Gigabit Ethernet and dual-port 10 Gb Ethernet with Virtual Fabric capability. With Emulex 10GbE Virtual Fabric Adapter II for HS23 CFFh expansion card, HS23 scales upwards to fourteen virtual NICs (vNICs) per single-wide blade server for a total of 18 I/O ports with the choice of Ethernet, Fibre Channel, SAS, iSCSI, and FCoE connectivity.
The BladeCenter HS23 gives yous the networking capacity that you demand to manage your information center. The Virtual Cloth capable integrated x GbE offers extreme speed, and the HS23 is designed with highly scalable I/O to requite you a total of up to iv 10 GbE physical ports that can be divided into upward to 14 virtual ports, every bit well as the power to run multiple I/O protocols (FCoE, iSCSI). Sixteen DIMM slots supporting up to 512 GB of DDR3 memory let y’all to fit more and larger virtual machines per blade. In addition, the HS23 is astern-compatible with all BladeCenter chassis, including the original BladeCenter E. (Some configurations might take restrictions. Come across Tabular array 4 for compatibility details.)
Scalability and performance
The BladeCenter HS23 (7875, E5-2600 v2) offers numerous features to heave performance, improve scalability, and reduce costs:
- The Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v2 product family improves productivity by offering superior organization performance with up to 12-core processors (up to 2.7 GHz core speeds) or upwards to 3.5 GHz cadre speeds (4-core processors), up to 30 MB of L3 enshroud, and QPI interconnect of upwards to 8 GT/south.
- Up to two processors, 24 cores, and 48 threads maximize the concurrent execution of multi-threaded applications.
- Intelligent and adaptive system performance with Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 allows processor cores to run at maximum speeds during peak workloads by temporarily going beyond processor TDP.
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology boosts functioning for multi-threaded applications by enabling simultaneous multi-threading within each processor core, upward to ii threads per core.
- Intel Virtualization Technology integrates hardware-level virtualization hooks that permit operating system vendors to amend utilize the hardware for virtualization workloads.
- Up to 16 DDR3 ECC memory RDIMMs provide speeds upwards to 1866 MHz and a retentiveness chapters of up to 512 GB. (See Table six for details.)
- The use of solid-state drives (SSDs) instead of or along with traditional spinning drives (HDDs) tin can significantly amend I/O performance. An SSD tin back up significantly more I/O operations per 2nd (IOPS) than a typical HDD.
- The HS23 scales to 18 I/O ports on a single-wide bract with integrated Gigabit Ethernet and ten Gb Ethernet ports and optional expansion cards, offer the pick of Ethernet, Fibre Channel, SAS, iSCSI, and FCoE connectivity.
- The HS23 offers PCI Express 3.0 I/O expansion capabilities that improve the theoretical maximum bandwidth by nigh 100% (8 GTps per link using 128b/130b encoding) compared to the PCI Express ii.0 (5 GTps per link using 8b/10b encoding).
- With Intel Integrated I/O Technology, the PCI Express iii.0 controller is integrated into the Intel Xeon processor E5 family. This helps to dramatically reduce I/O latency and increase overall organisation operation.
Availability and serviceability
The BladeCenter HS23 provides many features to simplify serviceability and increase system uptime:
- Dual independent power and signal connectors to the BladeCenter chassis midplane provide fault tolerance to increase uptime.
- The HS23 offers Chipkill, retentiveness mirroring, and retention rank sparing for redundancy in the event of a not-correctable memory failure.
- Tool-less cover removal provides easy access to upgrades and serviceable parts, such as CPU, memory, and adapter cards.
- The server offers hot-swap drives supporting integrated RAID 1 redundancy for data protection and greater system uptime.
- The power source independent low-cal path diagnostics panel and private lite path LEDs chop-chop lead the technician to failed (or declining) components. This simplifies servicing, speeds upwardly problem resolution, and helps improve system availability.
- The Predictive Failure Analysis (PFA) detects when system components (processors, retention, and hard deejay drives) operate outside of standard thresholds and generates pro-active alerts in advance of possible failure, therefore increasing uptime.
- Solid-country drives (SSDs) offer significantly better reliability than traditional mechanical HDDs for greater uptime.
- Built-in Integrated Direction Module II (IMM2) continuously monitors system parameters, triggers alerts, and performs recovering actions in case of failures to minimize downtime.
- Congenital-in diagnostics using Dynamic Systems Analysis (DSA) Preboot speeds up troubleshooting tasks to reduce service fourth dimension.
- Three-year customer replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty, next business 24-hour interval 9×5. Optional service upgrades are available.
Manageability and security
Powerful systems management features simplify local and remote direction of the HS23:
- The HS23 includes an Integrated Management Module II (IMM2) to monitor server availability and perform remote management.
- Integrated industry-standard Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) enables improved setup, configuration, and updates, and simplifies fault treatment.
- Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.two support enables advanced cryptographic functionality, such equally digital signatures and remote attestation.
- Industry-standard AES NI support for faster, stronger encryption.
- FastSetup simplifies, automates, and speeds upwards the deployment process from server power-upwards to production, making BladeCenter easier to manage, deploy, and maintain.
- Systems Director provides proactive systems management with comprehensive management tools that help to increase upwards-time, reduce costs, and improve productivity through avant-garde server management capabilities.
The HS23 offers the following energy-efficiency features to save energy, reduce operational costs, increase energy availability, and contribute to the green environs:
- Component-sharing blueprint of the BladeCenter chassis provides ultimate power and cooling savings.
- The Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v2 product family offers significantly better performance over the previous generation while plumbing equipment into the same thermal blueprint power (TDP) limits.
- Intel Intelligent Power Capability powers individual processor elements on and off every bit needed, to reduce ability draw.
- Low-voltage Intel Xeon processors draw less free energy to satisfy demands of power and thermally constrained data centers and telecommunication environments.
- Low-voltage i.35 V DDR3 memory RDIMMs consume upwardly to 19% less energy than 1.5 V DDR3 RDIMMs.
- The HS23 uses hexagonal ventilation holes, a part of Calibrated Vectored Cooling™ engineering. Hexagonal holes can be grouped more densely than round holes, providing more than efficient airflow through the organization.
- Systems Director Active Free energy Manager™ provides advanced ability management features with actual real-time energy monitoring, reporting, and capping features.
Components and connectors
The following effigy shows the forepart view of the server, indicating key components.
Figure ii. Front view of the BladeCenter HS23
The following effigy shows the pinnacle view of the server, indicating key components.
Figure 3. Peak view of the BladeCenter HS23
The following figure shows the lesser view of the BladeCenter HS23 (contains lite path diagnostics panel).
Figure 4. Bottom view of the BladeCenter HS23 (shows light path diagnostics panel)
The post-obit table lists the system specifications.
The BladeCenter HS23 servers are shipped with the following items:
- Documentation CD
- Registration Flyer
- Argument of Express Warranty
- Of import Notices
- Technical Note Flyer
The following table lists standard models.
* x in the Machine Type Model (MTM) represents a region-specific alphabetic character (for example, the EMEA MTM is 7875A3G, and the US MTM is 7875A3U). Ask a Lenovo representative for specifics.
** Processor particular: Model, cores, core speed, L3 cache, memory speed, thermal pattern power.
‡ For models A3x and A4x, the standard DIMM is rated at 1600 MHz, but operates at up to 1333 MHz to lucifer the processor memory speed. Actual retention speed maximums depend on several factors, equally described in “Memory options.”
# Supports x GbE with the add-on of the 10Gb Interposer Carte du jour for BladeCenter HS23, 94Y8550.
† These models are standard with Emulex 10GbE VFA Advanced II for BladeCenter HS23, 90Y9332.
§ These models are standard with Virtual Fabric Advanced Software Upgrade (LOM), 90Y9310.
The post-obit table lists Express models.
* Processor detail: Model, cores, cadre speed, L3 cache, memory speed, thermal design power.
‡ For model EAJ, the standard DIMM is rated at 1600 MHz, merely operates at up to 1333 MHz to match the processor memory speed. Actual memory speed maximums depend on several factors, as described in “Retentiveness options.”
# Supports x GbE with the improver of the 10Gb Interposer Card for BladeCenter HS23, 94Y8550.
The HS23 (7875, E5-2600 v2) is supported in the various BladeCenter chassis listed in the post-obit table. The number of HS23 servers supported in each chassis depends on the thermal blueprint power of the processors used in the servers. The following tabular array uses the post-obit conventions:
- A green cell means that the chassis can be filled with HS23 blade servers upwards to the maximum number of bract bays in the chassis (for example, 14 blades in the BladeCenter H).
- A xanthous prison cell means that the maximum number of HS23 blades that the chassis can hold is fewer than the total available bract bays (for example, 12 in a BladeCenter E). Other bays in the chassis
remain empty. Consult the BladeCenter Interoperability Guide for specific details:
- The HS23 is not supported in the BladeCenter E with ability supplies smaller than 2000 W.
- The HS23 is not supported in the BladeCenter T.
* TDP = Thermal Blueprint Power.
§ Support shown is for not-NEBS environments.
** BladeCenter H 2980W AC Power Modules, 68Y6601 (standard in 4Tx, 5Tx, and 9xx BC-H chassis models; optional with all other BC-H chassis models).
† BladeCenter H Enhanced Cooling Modules, 68Y6650 (standard in 4Tx, 5Tx, and 9xx BC-H chassis models; optional with all other BC-H chassis models).
# Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 and E5-2690 v2 processors throttle at Steady State at ambience temperature of 31 °C in the BladeCenter H chassis.
‡ Not supported.
†† When ane blower fails, the HS23 (7875, E5-2600 v2) with specified processor TDP but supports ambient temperature of up to 28 °C when installed in the BladeCenter H chassis with the standard blower modules or BladeCenter E chassis.
## Intel Xeon E5-2618L v2 (50 Westward), E5-2628L v2 (70 Westward), E5-2648L v2 (70 W), and E5-2658 v2 (95 West) are robust thermal profile processors used in HS23.
*** The HS23 (7875, E5-2600 v2) with the Intel Xeon processor E5-2658 v2 (95 Westward) only supports one DIMM per channel when installed in the BladeCenter H chassis with the standard blower modules or BladeCenter E chassis.
The HS23 (7875, E5-2600 v2) supports the processor options listed in the following table. The blade server supports 1 or two processors. The following table also shows which server models have each processor standard. If no corresponding
model for a particular processor is listed, and so this processor is available only through Configure to Order (CTO).
* The get-go feature code is for the first processor; the second feature lawmaking is for the 2d processor.
# Intel Xeon robust thermal profile processors.
Lenovo DDR3 memory is compatibility tested and tuned for optimal Arrangement x® and BladeCenter operation and throughput. Lenovo memory specifications are integrated into the low-cal path diagnostics for immediate system performance feedback and optimum organisation uptime. From a service and support standpoint, Lenovo memory automatically assumes the Lenovo organization warranty, and Lenovo provides service and support worldwide.
The BladeCenter HS23 (7875, E5-2600 v2) supports Very Depression Profile (VLP) DDR3 memory RDIMMs. The server supports up to eight DIMMs when 1 processor is installed and up to 16 DIMMs when ii processors are installed. Each processor has four memory channels, and there are 2 DIMMs per channel.
The following rules use when selecting the retentiveness configuration:
- Mixing 1.5 V and 1.35 V DIMMs in the same server is supported. In such a instance all DIMMs operate at one.5 Five.
- The maximum number of ranks supported per channel is eight.
- The maximum quantity of DIMMs that can be installed in the server depends on the number of CPUs, DIMM rank, and operating voltage, as shown in the “Max. qty supported” row in Table six.
- All DIMMs in all CPU memory channels operate at the same speed, which is determined equally the lowest value of:
- Retentivity speed supported by specific processor
- Lowest maximum operating speed for the selected memory configuration that depends on rated speed, equally shown under the “Max. operating speed” section in Tabular array half-dozen.
* Maximum quantity supported is shown for 2 processors installed. When one processor is installed, the maximum quantity supported is half of what is shown.
The following memory protection technologies are supported:
- Memory mirroring
- Memory rank sparing
If retentivity mirroring is used, then DIMMs must be installed in pairs (minimum of one pair per CPU), and both DIMMs in a pair must exist identical in type and size. The constructive retentiveness available to the system is only half of that installed.
If memory rank sparing is used, then two single-rank or dual-rank DIMMs must be installed per populated channel (the DIMMs practise non need to be identical). In rank sparing way, 1 rank of a DIMM in each populated aqueduct is reserved as spare retentiveness. The size of a rank varies depending on the DIMMs installed.
Chipkill, retentiveness mirroring, and retention rank sparing modes are mutually exclusive. Only one operational memory mode can be enabled on a server, and it is a system-wide setting.
The following table lists memory options available for the HS23 (7875, E5-2600 v2) server. DIMMs can exist installed 1 at a fourth dimension, but for performance reasons, install them in sets of four (one for each of the four memory channels).
The HS23 server has ii hot-bandy drive bays accessible from the forepart of the blade server. These bays are connected to the integrated 4-port LSI SAS2004 6 Gbps SAS/SATA RAID-on-Chip (ROC) controller.
The integrated LSI SAS2004 ROC has the following features:
- 4-port controller with six Gbps throughput per port
- PCIe x4 Gen 2 host interface
- Two SAS ports routed internally to the 2 hot-swap bulldoze bays
- 2 ports can exist routed to the chassis I/O bays 3 and iv with the SAS Connectivity Bill of fare (CIOv)
- Supports RAID levels:
- RAID 0 (Integrated Striping)
- RAID 1 (Integrated Mirroring)
- RAID x (Integrated Mirroring and Striping)
- RAID 1E (Integrated Mirroring Enhanced)
- Supports up to xiv drives (up to 12 integrated RAID drives and up to 2 hot-spare drives)
- Supports up to 10 integrated RAID drives per integrated volume
- Supports upwards to 2 integrated volumes
- Supports volumes greater than 2 TB for RAID 0, 10, and 1E
- Supports SAS and SATA HDDs and SSDs
- Supports connectivity to the deejay storage modules in the BladeCenter S chassis
- Back up connectivity to the tape drives and external storage systems
The following table lists the difficult drive options that are available for internal storage.
The server does interface to the optical drive installed in the BladeCenter chassis media tray if i is installed there.
The HS23 server offers the following PCI Express 3.0 slots:
- CIOv expansion slot: PCIe three.0 x8
- CFFh expansion slot: PCIe 3.0 x16
The CIOv I/O expansion connector provides I/O connections through the midplane of the chassis to modules located in bays three and four of a supported BladeCenter chassis. The CFFh I/O expansion connector provides I/O connections to loftier-speed switch modules that are located in bays 7, 8, 9, and 10 of a BladeCenter H or BladeCenter HT chassis.
The post-obit tabular array shows the connections between adapters installed in the HS23 blade server to the switch bays in the chassis.
† Requires the 10Gb LOM Interposer Card or Emulex 10GbE Virtual Fabric Adapter Ii for HS23 exist installed in HS23.
* Requires the 10Gb LOM Interposer Bill of fare be installed in HS23. Both 10 GbE ports are routed to the I/O bay ii of the BladeCenter S chassis and operate at 1 Gbps speed.
The HS23 optionally supports the PCI Express Gen 2 Expansion Blade Two listed in the following table.
The expansion blade provides the capability to attach selected PCI Express cards to the HS23. This capability is ideal for many applications that crave special telecommunications network interfaces or hardware dispatch using a PCI Limited carte du jour. The expansion blade provides i full-tiptop and full-length PCI Express x16 (x8-wired) Gen 2 slot and one full-peak and half-length PCI Express x16 (x8-wired) Gen 2 slot with a maximum ability usage of 75 watts for each slot. Information technology integrates PCI Express card back up capability into the BladeCenter architecture. Up to four expansion blades can be attached to an HS23. Each expansion blade occupies a bay in the BladeCenter chassis.
For more information, see the Product GuideBladeCenter PCI Express Gen 2 Expansion Bract and PCI Express Gen 2 Expansion Blade 2:
The HS23 offers two integrated Gigabit Ethernet ports and two integrated 10 Gb Ethernet ports with the integrated Emulex BladeEngine 3 (BE3) controller. Two Gigabit Ethernet ports are routed to the chassis I/O trophy 1 and ii (BladeCenter E, H or HT), and two ten Gb Ethernet ports are routed to the chassis I/O bays 7 and 9 using either 10Gb LOM Interposer Carte or Emulex Virtual Textile Adapter Two for HS23 (BladeCenter H or HT). With BladeCenter South, both GbE ports are routed to the chassis I/O bay 1, and both x GbE ports are routed to the chassis I/O bay 2 using the 10Gb LOM Interposer Card (if installed).
The integrated BE3 four-port NIC has the following features:
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports and two 10 Gb Ethernet ports (i Gb and 10 Gb car-negotiation).
- Full-duplex (FDX) capability.
- 10 Gb ports operate in either a virtual NIC (vNIC) or concrete NIC (pNIC) mode:
- vNIC mode: Up to half dozen vNICs (up to three vNICs per one ten Gb port)
- Virtual Cloth mode or Switch Contained operational mode.
- Virtual port bandwidth resource allotment in 100 Mbps increments.
- Upward to two vNICs can be configured every bit an iSCSI or FCoE vNICs (ane per port) with optional Advanced Upgrade (90Y9310).
- pNIC mode: dual-port 1/10 Gb Ethernet adapter
- vNIC mode: Up to half dozen vNICs (up to three vNICs per one ten Gb port)
- IPv4/IPv6 offload:
- TCP, UDP checksum offload
- Big ship offload (LSO)
- Large receive offload (LRO)
- Receive side scaling (RSS)
- IPv4 TCP Chimney Offload.
- IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging.
- VLAN insertion and extraction.
- Colossal frames upward to 9000 bytes.
- Load balancing and failover teaming support, including adapter fault tolerance (AFT), switch fault tolerance (SFT), adaptive load balancing (ALB), and IEEE 802.3ad.
Enhanced Ethernet (draft) support:
- Enhanced Manual Selection (ETS) (P802.1Qaz)
- Priority-based Flow Control (PFC) (P802.1Qbb)
- Data Center Bridging eXchange Protocol (DCBX) (P802.1Qaz)
- Supports Serial over LAN (SoL) and concurrent KVM (cKVM).
- Preboot Execution Surroundings (PXE) support.
- Wake On LAN back up.
- PCIe x8 Gen 2 host interface.
- SR-IOV back up.
- Message Bespeak Interrupt (MSI-X) support.
The following table lists the 10Gb LOM Interposer Card.
While the 10Gb LOM Interposer menu does not consume a CFFh slot, you have to remove information technology if you plan to install a CFFh expansion card.
The following table lists additional supported network adapters and upgrades.
* With Emulex Virtual Fabric Adapters 2 for HS23 installed in a bract server, two 10 Gb Ethernet ports on the adapter itself are routed to the chassis I/O trophy 8 and 10 (different other CFFh cards), and two 10 Gb Ethernet ports integrated on a blade itself are routed to the chassis I/O bays 7 and 9.
For more information, run into the list of Production Guides in the Blade Network Adapters category:
Storage host bus adapters
The following table lists storage HBAs supported by the HS23 server.
Table xiii. Storage adapters
For more information, run across the listing of Product Guides in the Bract Storage Adapters category:
Flash storage adapters
Blade server power is derived from the power supplies installed in the BladeCenter chassis. There are no server options regarding power supplies.
The server supports VMware ESXi installed on a USB retentiveness key. The key is installed in a USB socket inside the server. The following table lists the virtualization options.
Table 15. Virtualization options
The server contains an Integrated Management Module 2 (IMM2), which is based on the Renesas SH7757 scrap, and interfaces with the advanced management module in the BladeCenter chassis. The combination of these provides avant-garde service-processor control, monitoring, and an alerting function. If an ecology condition exceeds a threshold or if a organisation component fails, LEDs on the system board are lit to assistance you diagnose the trouble, the error is recorded in the event log, and y’all are alerted to the trouble. A virtual presence capability comes standard for remote server direction through the Advanced Management Module (AMM) in the BladeCenter chassis.
Remote server management is provided through industry-standard interfaces:
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Version three
- Systems Management Architecture for Server Hardware (Smash)
- Web browser
The server also supports virtual media and remote control features, which provide the post-obit functions:
- Remotely viewing video with graphics resolutions up to 1600×1200 at 75 Hz with up to 23 $.25 per pixel, regardless of the system land
- Remotely accessing the server using the keyboard and mouse from a remote client
- Mapping the CD or DVD drive, diskette drive, and USB flash drive on a remote customer, and mapping ISO prototype files equally virtual drives that are available for utilize by the server
- Capturing bluish-screen errors
The server supports the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux vii
- Scarlet Hat Enterprise Linux half dozen x64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Crimson Hat Enterprise Linux 5 x64
- Crimson Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 with Xen
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 with Xen for AMD64/EM64T
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server eleven for x86
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 for AMD64/EM64T
- VMware vSphere 5.5 (ESXi)
- VMware vSphere five.1 (ESXi)
For more information about the specific versions and service levels that are supported and whatever other prerequisites, run into the Operating System Interoperability Guide:
The HS23 blade server has the following physical specifications:
Dimensions and weight (approximate, for single-wide bract):
- Elevation: 245 mm (9.seven in)
- Depth: 446 mm (17.6 in)
- Width: 29 mm (i.xiv in)
- Maximum weight: five.4 kg (12 lb)
Shipping dimensions and weight (approximate, for unmarried-wide blade):
- Height: 330 mm (13.0 in)
- Depth: 600 mm (23.5 in)
- Width: 165 mm (half-dozen.five in)
- Weight: iv.ii kg (9.iv lb)
The HS23 blade server is supported in the post-obit environment:
- Air temperature
- Server on:
- 10 to 35 °C (l to 95 °F); altitude: 0 to 914 m (0 to 3,000 ft)
- ten to 32 °C (50 to 89.6 °F); altitude: 914 to 2133 m (iii,000 to seven,000 ft)
- Server off: 10 to 43 °C (50 to 109.four °F)
- Shipment: -forty to +lx °C (-40 to 140 °F)
- Server on:
- Server on: eight to 80%
- Server off: 8 to lxxx%
The BladeCenter HS23
has a three-year warranty with 24×7 standard call eye back up and 9×5 Next Business organization Solar day onsite coverage. As well bachelor are Lenovo Services warranty maintenance upgrades and post-warranty maintenance agreements, with a well-defined scope of services, including service hours, response fourth dimension, term of service, and service agreement terms and atmospheric condition.
Lenovo warranty service upgrade offerings are region-specific. Not all warranty service upgrades are available in every region. For more data about Lenovo warranty service upgrade offerings that are bachelor in your region, visit the Lenovo Services website:
The following table explains warranty service definitions in more detail.
The following Lenovo warranty service upgrades are bachelor:
- Warranty and maintenance service upgrades:
- Three, four, or five years of 9×5 or 24×7 service coverage
- Onsite response from side by side business day to ii or four hours
- Warranty extension of up to 5 years
- Post warranty extensions
- Hard Drive Retention
Lenovo’south Hard Drive Retention service is a multi-drive hard bulldoze retentivity offer that ensures your data is always nether your control, regardless of the number of difficult drives that are installed in your Lenovo server. In the unlikely event of a hard bulldoze failure, you retain possession of your hard drive while Lenovo replaces the failed drive part. Your information stays safely on your premises, in your easily. The Hard Drive Retentivity service can exist purchased in convenient bundles with our warranty upgrades and extensions.
Remote Technical Support Services (RTS)
RTS provides comprehensive technical telephone call centre support for covered servers, storage, operating systems, and applications. Providing a single source for support of hardware and software issues, RTS tin reduce trouble resolution time, decreasing the toll to address technical bug and increasing uptime. Offerings are bachelor for Windows, Linux, IBM Systems Director, VMware, Microsoft business organisation applications, and Lenovo System ten storage devices, and IBM OEM storage devices.
The HS23 blade server conforms to the post-obit standards:
- FCC – Verified to comply with Part 15 of the FCC Rules, Class A
- Canada ICES-003, event iv, Class A
- UL/IEC 60950-1
- CSA C22.two No. 60950-1-03
- Japan VCCI, Class A
- Australia/New Zealand Equally/NZS CISPR 22:2006, Form A
- Taiwan BSMI CNS13438, Class A
- Korea KN22, Form A; KN24
- Russia/GOST ME01, IEC-60950-i, GOST R 51318.22-99, GOST R 51318.24-99, GOST R 51317.3.ii-2006, GOST R 51317.3.3-99
- IEC 60950-i (CB Certificate and CB Exam Report)
- CE Marking (EN55022 Class A, EN60950-ane, EN55024, EN61000-3-2, EN61000-three-iii)
- CISPR 22, Grade A
External drive enclosures
The HS23 does non back up external drive enclosures. It can be used with the BladeCenter Due south integrated storage or external storage systems listed in the “External storage systems” section.
The BladeCenter S integrated storage is supported by the integrated LSI SAS2004 ROC controller together with the SAS connectivity card installed in the CIOv slot of the HS23. The following table lists the connectivity carte du jour.
Table 17. SAS connectivity card
For more than data about the BladeCenter S integrated storage, run across the BladeCenter Due south production guide:
External storage systems
External fill-in units
The following tabular array lists the external backup options that are offered by Lenovo that tin can exist used with the BladeCenter HS23 in fill-in solutions.
For more information, see the listing of Product Guides in the Backup units category:
Lenovo Financial Services
Lenovo Financial Services reinforces Lenovo’s commitment to deliver pioneering products and services that are recognized for their quality, excellence, and trustworthiness. Lenovo Financial Services offers financing solutions and services that complement your technology solution anywhere in the world.
We are dedicated to delivering a positive finance feel for customers like you who want to maximize your buy power by obtaining the technology you need today, protect confronting technology obsolescence, and preserve your majuscule for other uses.
We work with businesses, non-profit organizations, governments and educational institutions to finance their entire technology solution. We focus on making it easy to do business with us. Our highly experienced squad of finance professionals operates in a work culture that emphasizes the importance of providing outstanding client service. Our systems, processes and flexible policies support our goal of providing customers with a positive feel.
We finance your unabridged solution. Unlike others, we allow you to packet everything you demand from hardware and software to service contracts, installation costs, preparation fees, and sales tax. If y’all determine weeks or months afterward to add to your solution, we can consolidate everything into a unmarried invoice.
Our Premier Customer services provide large accounts with special handling services to ensure these complex transactions are serviced properly. As a premier customer, you have a dedicated finance specialist who manages your business relationship through its life, from first invoice through asset return or purchase. This specialist develops an in-depth understanding of your invoice and payment requirements. For you, this dedication provides a high-quality, easy, and positive financing feel.
For your region specific offers please ask your Lenovo sales representative or your technology provider about the use of Lenovo Fiscal Services. For more information, see the following Lenovo website:
Related product families
Product families related to this document are the following:
Lenovo and the Lenovo logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both. A current list of Lenovo trademarks is available on the Web at
The following terms are trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both:
BladeCenter Interoperability Guide
The post-obit terms are trademarks of other companies:
Intel® and Xeon® are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries.
Linux® is the trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Microsoft®, Windows Server®, and Windows® are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the Us, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may exist trademarks or service marks of others.