Sony Bdp S550 Firmware Update How to Update With Flash Drive
BDP-S350/S550/S5000ES Firmware Upgrade Version 024
This information is for the post-obit models:
About this download
Sony is offer a firmware upgrade for Sony Blu-ray player BDP-S350/S550/S5000ES.
This utility upgrades the BDP-S350/S550/S5000ES firmware to version 024 and provides the post-obit benefits:
- Improves compatibility to heighten interactivity with some BD-ROMs.
- Adds slow and freeze frame performance at BDs/DVDs playback.
- This utility is merely for use with the BDP-S350/S550/S5000ES as sold within Asia Pacific. Not all models are sold in all countries.
- Please follow the upgrade instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may interrupt the upgrade process and may crusade the role player to be unresponsive or to require repair.
- Practise non power off the player or disconnect it from the AC ability outlet. Loss of ability during the installation of the firmware upgrade may cause the player to exist unresponsive or to require repair.
- The Blu-ray thespian will be reset to the factory default settings. Afterwards installing the upgrade, user volition need to reconfigure the actor.
Before getting started:
There are two ways to perform the Blu-ray Disc role player Firmware upgrade:
- Network Upgrade:
o The Network Upgrade functioning is straightforward, then information technology is highly recommended that you use the Network Upgrade method.
o Yous will need to connect the Blu-ray Disc role player to your Internet source using an Ethernet cable.
- Create an Upgrade disc.
If you cannot connect the Blu-ray Disc actor to your Cyberspace source, please utilize the disc upgrade method.
Please run into the Download the Firmware and Create an Upgrade Disc section, for more data
A drive with CD disc burning capability, and a new blank CD-R disc are required to create the upgrade disc.
Check the actor firmware version:
o Power on the television and brand certain information technology is tuned to the inputs to which the Blu-ray Disc histrion is connected.
o Power on the Blu-ray Disc player.
o If the player starts to play a disc, press the Cease button and wait until the bluish Sony Blu-ray Disc screen is displayed on the goggle box before proceeding.
o At the “xross media bar” (XMB), use the pointer keys on the remote control to highlight Setup > System Settings and and so press the ENTER button.
o Utilize the arrow keys on the remote control to highlight Organization Data and so press the ENTER button.
o Employ the arrow keys on the remote control to select System Information and and so press the ENTER button.
o The firmware version currently installed on the Blu-ray Disc player will be listed like below on the television screen:
o If the version number is 024 or higher, it is not necessary to install this firmware upgrade.
Network Upgrade procedure
The Network Upgrade operation is straightforward, so it is highly recommended that yous use the Network Upgrade method to upgrade the Blu-ray Disc histrion firmware upgrade.
If you cannot connect the BDP-S350/S550/S5000ES to your Net source, delight use the
method in the section below.
- In order to use this upgrade method information technology is necessary to have the player correctly connected to an agile Internet connection.
- In social club to perform the firmware upgrade, it is necessary to take the thespian correctly connected to a uniform television.
The firmware upgrade process ordinarily takes about fifteen to 30 minutes, depending on organization configuration and network connectedness.
- Power on the television and brand certain it is tuned to the inputs to which the BD player is continued.
- Connect the LAN terminal on the BD role player to your Internet source using an Ethernet cablevision.
- Power on the BD histrion.
- When disc remains in BD thespian, please accept out disc.
- At the xrossmediabar (XMB) , use the arrow keys on the remote control to select Setup – Network Update so press the ENTER button.
- Perform version update? message is displayed.
- Select OK and then printing the ENTER push button.
- Download process starts and download screen is displayed.
DL */ix (lights up) (“*” changes from “0” to “9,” indicating progress) is displayed on Television set screen.
- After download process, the upgrade starts and VUP appears on the histrion front panel display.
- When updating:
VUP */nine (lights up) (“*” changes from “0” to “9,” indicating progress) is displayed on the thespian front console brandish.
- The firmware upgrade is complete when Cease appears on the player front end console display.
VUP -> 0/nine-> one/9 -> …-> 9/9 -> FINISH.
- Then the ability of BD player is off after FINISH gone.
- Power on the BD player.
- Check the firmware version.
Possible Issues related to the Network Upgrade
- “SYS ERR” or “VUP NG” is displayed on the player front panel brandish.
1. Push button and hold the “POWER” button for several seconds until the unit power is off.
ii. Turn on the ability of the BD player.
3. Please execute network upgrade procedure over again.
4. If the symptom does non improve later on re-upgrade, please contact
- When running network upgrade, the television shows “Connection status cannot exist confirmed” and you cannot upgrade the firmware.
The problem might be at the network connection. Verify that network settings of BD histrion are appropriate.
1. Check whether LAN cable is inserted to connector.
2. Bank check network setting and confirm whether BD thespian has own IP accost. If you utilize a proxy server, type IP accost of the proxy you utilise instead of the proxy host name in the “Proxy Server” input field.
three. Then please execute network upgrade procedure again.
- Power was shut down while updating.
Power on the player once again. And so please execute network upgrade procedure once more.
- When the player is powered on after performing the upgrade, “WELCOME” or “WAIT” message appears on the front console display.
- The firmware upgrade (This is not download) does not finish, after running for more than 30 minutes.
If you cannot connect the BDP-S350/S550/S5000ES to your Internet source, please use the upgrade disc method.
If you lot sucessfully upgraded your BDP-S350/S550/S5000ES using the “Network upgrade” in the department in a higher place, yous don’t need to use this procedure.
Of import Notes:
- If you lot have not done so already, please check the current firmware version to decide if this firmware upgrade is needed for your Blu-ray Disc player.
- IMPORTANT: At this time, not all versions of CD burning software are able to create an upgrade disc. If y’all accept difficulty creating a disc, please consider using the network upgrade method or requesting a disc. You may likewise opt to check dorsum subsequently to see if a newer version of the firmware upgrade has become available.
- WARNING!! Please follow the upgrade instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may interrupt the upgrade procedure and may cause the Blu-ray Disc histrion to be unresponsive or to require repair.
- WARNING!! Exercise not power off the Blu-ray Disc histrion or disconnect information technology from the Ac power outlet. Loss of power during the installation of the firmware upgrade may cause the Blu-ray Disc histrion to exist unresponsive or to require repair.
- Apply a brand new CD-R disc to burn the firmware upgrade. The player may not be able to correctly read a muddied disc or a disc with scratches.
Annotation: A CD-R disc is strongly recommended. Do non utilise a CD-RW disc.
- Recommended operating system for the estimator that volition download the firmware upgrade:
Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP is recommended.
- A drive with CD disc burning capability, and a new blank CD-R disc are required to create the upgrade disc.
- Later you create the disc, please meet the Disc Upgrade Instructions section below, for more than data.
- In order to perform the firmware upgrade, it is necessary to have the player correctly connected to a compatible boob tube.
- It is highly recommended that you impress out these instructions for use every bit a reference during the installation process.
BDP-S350/S550/S5000ES Firmware Upgrade Version 024
File name: UPDATA_07x024.nil
File size: 49.6 MB (52,019,073bytes)
Updated on: tenth February 2011
- Firmware Upgrade Version 024
- Windows 7
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Download the UPDATA_07x024.goose egg to a temporary or download directory (please notation this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and verify that the size of the UPDATA_07x024.zip file is 52,019,073 bytes.
a. Right-click the UPDATA_07x024.nil file, and click “Properties”.
b. On the “UPDATA_07x024.zilch Properties” screen, verify that the “Size:” listed is “49.6 MB (52,019,073 bytes)”.
Notation: The “Size on disk:” listed may be different. That is normal.
c. If the file size is different than the “52,019,073 bytes”, please download the UPDATA_07x024.zip file once more.
- Double-click the UPDATA_07x024.zip file. Then, extract the ZIP file.
- The extracted files will be named “BD07-VUDBIN” and “SONY_VUD.ID”
- To create a firmware upgrade disc, write the decompressed files (2 files) to root of CD-R disc using CD-R writing software. Follow the operating instructions for the writing software to create the disc.
CD Burning Notes:
- IMPORTANT: At this fourth dimension, not all versions of CD burning software are able to create an upgrade disc. If yous accept difficulty creating a disc, please consider requesting a disc.
- The upgrade disc must be finalized. Be sure to select “Finalize CD (No further writing possible)” in your CD burning software to finalize the upgrade disc.
- If write errors occur during the CD called-for process, discard the disc and create a new upgrade disc.
- Called-for the disc using parcel writing software is not supported.
Practise non use an upgrade disc created using whatsoever other process than the one described above.
Firmware upgrade procedure
- Exercise not plow off the actor or disconnect the role player from the power supply during the upgrade process. Doing so may impairment your role player and brand it unusable, and would require a repair of the player.
Exercise not press whatsoever button, except equally instructed, until the upgrade is complete. Doing so may impairment your thespian and brand it unusable, and would crave a repair of the player.
- Power on the television and make sure it is tuned to the inputs to which the BD actor is connected.
- Power on the BD player.
- Place the upgrade disc in the thespian, and close the disc tray.
- After loading disc, Perform version update? message is displayed.
- Select OK and so press the ENTER push button.
- The upgrade starts and VUP appears on the histrion forepart panel display. (The television screen will go black.)
- A series of different messages volition announced on the front panel display.
- The firmware upgrade is complete when Finish appears on the actor front panel brandish.
Do not operate or power off the histrion until this message is displayed. Doing and then may outcome in your role player being unresponsive and requiring repair.
- Remove the upgrade disc from the player.
- Power on the BD player and perform EASY SETUP co-ordinate to the indication that volition appear on the screen.
- Cheque the firmware version. If the version number is 024, the firmware upgrade was successful.
Possible issues related to the Upgrade disc method
- The Upgrade Disc does not eject
If the upgrade disc does non eject even though “End” is displayed, please follow the steps below.
1. Turn off the histrion, and disconnect the AC power cord.
2. Reconnect the AC power cord while pressing down “Open/Close” button on the player.
3. Go on pressing down “Open/Close” button on the player until the tray opens.
4. Remove the disc
Please note that pressing the “Open/Close” push button on the remote control does not work. Information technology is necessary to press the “Open up/Close” button on the Blu-ray Disc actor.
- “SYS ERR” or “VUP NG” is displayed on the player front end console display.
one. Push and hold the “Power” button for several seconds until the unit of measurement power is off.
ii. Push the “POWER” button again to continue the firmware upgrade process.
3. If the symptom does not improve after re-upgrade, remove the upgrade disc from the role player and delete the upgrade files from your computer.
four. Download the upgrade again and follow the entire process above to create a new upgrade disc and install the firmware upgrade.
5. If the problem continues, please contact Sony.
- “VUP” is not displayed on the player front console display when the upgrade disc is inserted.
Remove the upgrade disc from the thespian and delete the upgrade files from your estimator. Download the upgrade over again and follow the entire procedure above to create a new upgrade disc and install the firmware upgrade.
- Ability was shut downwardly while updating.
Power on the role player over again keeping the upgrade disc in the tray. The upgrade should restart automatically.
- When I double click on the UPDATA_07x024.naught upgrade file I downloaded from the upgrade web site, the “BD07-VUD.BIN” and “SONY-VUD.ID” files are not created.
The download may take failed. Delete the downloaded file and download the upgrade file again.
- When the player is powered on afterward performing the upgrade, “WELCOME” or “WAIT” message appears on the front end panel display.
- The firmware upgrade does not finish, after running for more than 30 minutes.
- If firmware updating procedure was not completed successfully or the Blu-ray Disc player cannot exist turn on, delight consult your local authorized
Sony service facility.