No Lights Blink During Visio Soundbar Firmware Update
We have discussed how crucial it is to
update the firmware
soundbar. You tin enjoy the maximum benefits that your sound organisation can offering with the latest features and integrations that an updated device software tin can bring.
We have talked about how easy it is to update your soundbar firmware using the
mobile app in the
previous postal service. By using the app provided past Vizio, information technology will enable your sound bar to connect to the Net through WiFi. Then, updating the firmware will exist a breeze once that is in identify.
Yet, in that location will be instances when the easiest method seems to be the hardest ane to accomplish. Sometimes, the automatic firmware update just won’t go through, and your device is stuck while updating. In some other situations, the
“Check for updates”
button also does non work or does not show upwardly in the options carte.
Whatsoever the case may be, yous tin always get your hands a little dirty by updating your audio bar firmware manually. Good thing, Vizio made the manual process direct forwards, and it’s not as complicated as you might think. All you demand is a computer, an Net connection, and a USB flash drive to install the latest firmware to your Vizio soundbar.
How to Check the Current Firmware Version on your Vizio Soundbar
The first thing you should do is to check the current version of the firmware installed in your Vizio soundbar. You will demand this information to counter-check later if indeed you need a software update. Follow these steps:
- Use the Vizio SmartCast Mobile app. You tin check the firmware version using the SmartCast Mobile app. Just go to the sound bar’south menu inside the app past selecting Settings (Gear Icon) > System, and then go to System Information.
- You tin as well check your current firmware version by simultaneously pressing and holding the book (+) and book (-) buttons on the Audio Bar. The forepart LED lights on the sound bar volition blink to indicate the version or it may speak the version number.
How to Download the Latest Firmware Update for your Vizio Audio Bar
To download the latest version of the
for your specific Vizio soundbar model, follow this method:
- Go to the official
Vizio back up
page for sound confined at
- Enter the model number of your Vizio sound bar.
- When an update is available, it volition bear witness upwardly in the search results.
- The download link volition be indicated in the support commodity.
- Just click download to get the latest version of the firmware.
Installing Firmware Update on Vizio Audio Bar Manually
- Extract the .zip file you downloaded from the Vizio back up website.
- You volition need to use an empty USB flash drive with at to the lowest degree 2GB of storage space formatted in Fatty format.
- Copy the extracted files to the root directory of your
bulldoze. Don’t put the update files inside a folder.
- Ability on your soundbar and place information technology on input with no audio coming from it.
- Adjacent, insert the USB flash drive into the indicated slot on your soundbar’s dorsum portion.
- Ii flashing lights volition initially bear witness up on your sound bar indicating that the firmware update is in progress.
- More lights will kickoff flashing as the update progresses.
- Once the update is done, the flashing lights will end and your audio bar volition turn back on.
Please notation that the update can have up to 15 minutes to get done so make sure that your soundbar is connected to a stable power source during that fourth dimension to avoid interruptions. Manually turning the ability on or off on your soundbar is as well non recommended.
You can verify if the latest version of the firmware is installed by doing the procedure mentioned above.