How to Re Install Dji Phantom 4 Firmware
DJI has released a new firmware update for its well-nigh compact and accurate low-altitude mapping solution, the Phantom four RTK drone.
The DJI P4 RTK is an intuitive surveying solution, capable of capturing centimeter-level information to create georeferenced 2nd maps and 3D models of project sites. The drone is controlled using the DJI GS RTK app that comes with multiple planning modes, including photogrammetry (2D and 3D), waypoint flight, terrain awareness, and block segmentation. The January 2022 firmware update increases the capabilities of this app through new features and optimizations. Here are the complete details…
What’south new in DJI Phantom 4 RTK firmware update?
The latest P4 RTK firmware update released by DJI is chosen v02.02.0607. Look for this number while updating both the aircraft as well as the remote controller and D-RTK 2 Mobile Station, if you apply one. It’s important to update them all, or else they volition not piece of work together. Your DJI GS RTK app, meanwhile, should be updated to v2.ii.0-GSP.
The firmware v02.02.0607:
- Adds transmission timed shooting in DJI GS RTK to provide continuous shooting with sure time intervals.
- Adds support to grouping manually shot photos in DJI GS RTK. When “Manual Photo Arrangement” is enabled in the app, manually shot and manually timed photos volition be stored in the survey folder as well every bit the PPK information.
- Adds prompt in DJI GS RTK to recommend using RTK positioning when performing terrain-following operations.
- Adds shipping status prompts in DJI GS RTK.
- Optimizes UI of settings in DJI GS RTK.
- Fixes the issue of Cloud PPK not beingness activated with activation lawmaking in some scenarios.
- Fixes the rare effect of customized RTK network connectedness failing in some scenarios.
Practice note that you volition not exist able to downgrade the drone to v02.02.0503 or a lower version after this firmware update. DJI too says that using this firmware with a version of DJI Terra older than v2.0. is non recommended, as some functions volition not work properly.
How to update DJI Phantom 4 RTK drone firmware
You can update the P4 RTK firmware in the
DJI Banana two
for Phantom. The DJI GS RTK app can also be used to update the firmware of both the aircraft and remote controller. Here’due south a step-by-step guide on how to do this:
- Power on the remote controller and the aircraft. Ensure that the remote controller has access to the internet.
- Connect the USB-C port on the remote controller to the Micro USB port on the aircraft via a USB-C OTG cable and a Micro USB cable.
- At that place will be a prompt on the lower right corner in the DJI GS RTK app if there is new firmware. Tap the text to enter the firmware page.
- Select the desired firmware and tap Update to enter the firmware information folio.
- Tap Download v02.02.0607 to download the firmware package for all the devices.
- When the download is complete, tap Update v02.02.0607 under each device to enter the update page for the respective device, so tap Install and wait for the update to consummate.
- After successfully completing the update, restart the remote controller and the aircraft manually.
Note that the battery level should be above xxx% for the firmware update.
The remote controller and the aircraft will restart automatically during the firmware update. Be sure to keep the connection between the remote controller and the aircraft. Do not operate them manually until the app indicates installation is completed.
Also, the remote controller may become unlinked from the aircraft afterwards the firmware update. Relink the remote controller and aircraft if necessary.