How to Install T Mobile Firmware Onto a Verison Phone
Yous may need to install firmware for your Samsung Galaxy devices for a variety of reasons. It could be as elementary equally you lot trying to
your device to a newer build or Android version, or it could be that you lot are looking to
device manually as firmware helps a lot when looking for a way to
Delight read in more details below as to how a firmware helps you solve dissimilar types of
issues. And that includes
as well, every bit as well going
back to stock.
Samsung Galaxy Firmware Installation Guide
The guide for installing a firmware remains the same for all Samsung devices. Yes, ALL Samsung devices. And so, whether you own a new or old Galaxy phone or tablet, feel free to apply the guide below.
Installing an official firmware through Odin doesn’t void your device’s warranty, but it remains an unofficial process and thus you need to be cautious of it. In any instance, you only are responsible for your device. Nosotros won’t exist liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Ensure that you back upwardly all the important data (including photos and videos, contacts, music, videos, files, etc.) on your Galaxy S9.
- How to accept a full backup on Android
- How to sync device folder online
- Forcefulness backup Android information to Google Bulldoze
Step 1.Make sure you have downloaded thefirmware on your PC. Search our site for it if you don’t have information technology already.
Samsung USB driver
(method i on the linked page) start of all. Double-click the .exe file of drivers to brainstorm the installation. (Non required if you have already washed this.)
PC software (latest version, 3.xiii.3).
Pace four. Excerptthe firmware file now. You can use free software like 7-nil for this. Install seven-zip, and then right-click on firmware file and under 7-zip, select ‘Extract here’. You should get files in.tar.md5format at present. (You may a bunch of files, and you will find text like AP, BL, CP or CSC, etc. written at the beginning of those files.) Nosotros will be loading this file into Odin, to be installed on the device.
Stride 5. Extract theOdin file. You should get the Odin exe file (other files could be hidden, hence not visible).
Step 6. Disconnect your Galaxy device from PC if it is connected.
Step 7.Boot your device intodownload mode:
- Ability off your device. Wait for 6-7 seconds afterward the screen goes off.
- Press and hold the following combination of buttons until you see the
For Note 9, Note 10 and S10, connect the device to PC using the USB cable while pressing and belongings Volume down + Bixby buttons together until you run into the
- If your
device has a Bixby button, then utilize Volume down + Bixby + Power buttons together
- If your
device doesn’t have a dwelling or Bixby button, then use Volume downwardly + Volume up + Power buttons philharmonic.
- If your device
has a home button, use Volume down + Home + Power buttons combo.
- Alternate philharmonic: Ability + Volume upward + Volume downward
- Some other alternate combo: Press and hold Volume up + Volume down and then insert the USB cable
- For Note 9, Note 10 and S10, connect the device to PC using the USB cable while pressing and belongings Volume down + Bixby buttons together until you run into the
- Printing Volume Up to keep to download way.
Step eight.Double click on Odin.exe file (from stride 5) to open the Odinwindow as shown beneath. Be careful with Odin, and do merely equally said to prevent problems.
Step 9. Connect your device now using the USB cable. Odin should recognizeyour device. Information technology’s a must. When it recognizes, you will run intoAdded!! bulletin appearing in the Log box in the bottom left, and the first box under ID:COM will as well show a no. and turn its background blue. Look at the pic below.
- Y’all cannot proceed until you become the Added!! message, which confirms that Odin hasrecognized your device.
- If you don’t go Added!! message, you demand to install/re-installdrivers
over again and use the original cable that came with the device. Mostly, drivers are the problem (look at stride 2 to a higher place).
- You can effort dissimilar USB ports on your PC besides.
Step 10. Loadthe firmware filesinto Odin. Click theAP
push on Odin and and so select the .tar.md5 file from above. See the screenshot beneath to notice how the Odin window volition look like after y’all have loaded the files.
- Click on the BL tab, and select the file starting time with BL text.
- Click on the AP tab, and select the file kickoff with AP text.
- Click on the CP tab, and select the file showtime with CP text.
- [Different!] Click on the CSC tab, and select the file showtime with HOME_CSC text. If the HOME_CSC file isn’t available, and so select the file beginning with CSC text.
About CSC file:
Using the HOME_CSC file won’t reset your device, and data on the telephone shouldn’t exist deleted. However, when nosotros select a regular CSC file, and it results in CSC on the device being different than that in the CSC file, your phone will be formatted automatically. Y’all tin even cull to ignore loading the CSC file, that may practice alright also. But if it doesn’t work out, repeat the whole process and select CSC file this time effectually.
When you load files, Odin checks the md5 sum of the firmware file, which takes time. And so, simply look until that’s washed and the firmware file is loaded. Don’t worry if Odin gets unresponsive for a while, it’s normal. Binary size will also show upwardly in Odin.
1 firmware file?If you got but one firmware file after extracting the nix, it’s okay too. It would begin with AP and has to be loaded to the AP tab in Odin. Ignore other tabs in Odin. That’south information technology.
Pace 11.Click on the Options tab, and make certain the
Re-partitioning checkbox isNOT selected. Don’t employ the PIT tab, e’er.
Go back to theLog tab now, equally it will evidence the progress of the firmware installation when you hit the commencement button in the adjacent stride.
Step 12. Verify that everything is okay as mentioned in a higher place. When satisfied, click theStart button on Odin now to start flashing the firmware on your device.
Wait till the installation is finished, afterward which your device volition reboot automatically. You’ll get the
Laissez passerbulletin every bit shown below upon successful installation from Odin.
Some errors you may run into, and with the respective solution.
- If Odin gets stuck atsetup connexion, and then you need to practise this all again. Disconnect your device, shut Odin, boot device into download way again, open Odin, and and then select the file and flash it again every bit said above.
- If you goNeglect in the top left box, then also you need to wink the file once again every bit stated only to a higher place.
Sure, let us know in the comments department beneath.
Benefits of stock firmware
Back To Stock:
If you wish to get dorsum to stock on your Samsung device, merely installing a firmware using Odin will do information technology. Whatever customization you had done will be gone, like custom recovery, custom kernel, root access, etc. The device becomes as adept as new software-wise.
Installing firmware with a newer Android version or build no. is the easiest way to update your Samsung Galaxy device manually, without waiting for the OTA update, or when OTA fails y’all.
If your Galaxy device is non starting properly and is stuck in the boot loop state of affairs and thus rebooting subsequently should the logo, then installing a firmware will ready that too. It serves equally a good
for soft-bricked devices.
etc.: Well, you tin easily unroot your device by installing the stock firmware. This will also
remove custom recovery
(like TWRP, CWM, Cyanogen, PhilZ, etc.), custom kernel, etc. stuff, as all partitions are installed with Samsung’s default respective images.