How to Install New Firmware on Netgear Router
Guided Aid helps troubleshoot the issue you are having with your NETGEAR device by asking you questions.
The Nighthawk app is the easiest way to set upwardly your NETGEAR router. You can also use the Nighthawk app to view the devices on your network, run speed tests, and manage your WiFi settings.
To meet if your production supports the Nighthawk app, seeWhich products support the NETGEAR Nighthawk app?.
If yous prefer to install your router using a computer, or if your product is non supported, y’all tin can as well fix up your router from the router’due south spider web interface. For more information, run intoHow do I prepare up my NETGEAR router using the router spider web interface?.
To set upwards and install your NETGEAR router using the NETGEAR Nighthawk app:
- Download the
- Attach the provided antennas (if whatsoever) and connect your modem to the Internet port on your router.
- Power on your router.
- Wait for the WiFi LED to lite.
- Look on the router characterization for your router’s WiFi network name (SSID) and network key (countersign).
The label is on the dorsum or lesser of your router.
- On your iOS or Android mobile device, tapSettings > Wi-Fi.
- Connect your mobile device to the network that is listed on your router’southward characterization and enter the password.
If you run across any errors while attempting to connect to your router, come across the following manufactures for troubleshooting information:
- How do I turn off mobile data on my smartphone if I get an error during installation?
- I’m getting an Internet not connected error when I endeavor to install my NETGEAR router using the Nighthawk app; what practice I practice?
I’m getting a router not constitute error when I endeavor to install my NETGEAR router using the Nighthawk app; what practise I do?
viii. Launch the NETGEAR Nighthawk app on your mobile device.
9. Follow the instructions in the Nighthawk app to install your router and connect to the Internet.
Note: If you have trouble connecting your mobile device to your router’s network, try power cycling your router. Later on ability cycling your router, repeat Steps iv-eight. For more information, see
How practice I power cycle my home network?.
For a visual guide to installing your router, see the post-obit video:
For more information:
- I’m having trouble installing my NETGEAR router; what do I do?
- How do I update my Nighthawk router’southward firmware using the Nighthawk app?
- How do I change my WiFi network name and password using the Nighthawk app?
Article ID: 119
Was this commodity helpful?
This commodity applies to:
- Wireless AC Router Nighthawk (35)
- Wireless AX Router Nighthawk (WiFi 6) (34)
- Cable Gateway AX (3)
- Wireless AC Router (21)
- Nighthawk Pro Gaming (x)
- Wireless N Router (72)
- CENTRIA (WNDR4700/4720)
- Wireless Yard Router (35)
- Wireless AX Router Nighthawk (WiFi 6E) (3)
Looking for more about your production?
Get information, documentation, videos and more for your specific product.
Complimentary Back up
NETGEAR provides free technical back up for NETGEAR products for xc days from the original date of purchase.
NETGEAR Premium Back up
GearHead Support for Home Users
GearHead Support is a technical support service for NETGEAR devices and all other connected devices in your dwelling. Avant-garde remote support tools are used to ready issues on whatsoever of your devices. The service includes support for the following:
- Desktop and Notebook PCs, Wired and Wireless Routers, Modems, Printers, Scanners, Fax Machines, USB devices and Sound Cards
- Windows Operating Systems (2000, XP or Vista), MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
- Anti-virus and Anti-Spyware: McAfee, Norton, AVG, eTrust and BitDefender
ProSUPPORT Services for Business organisation Users
NETGEAR ProSUPPORT services are available to supplement your technical support and warranty entitlements. NETGEAR offers a variety of ProSUPPORT services that allow yous to access NETGEAR’southward expertise in a fashion that best meets your needs:
- Product Installation
- Professional Wireless Site Survey
- Lacking Bulldoze Retention (DDR) Service