How to Do Firmware on Dji Mavic Air
If you lot accept DJI Mavic Air two, it is important to keep up with new firmware and updates. With those updates, you will add new features to your drone and fix bug that may have existed on the previous version. The latest Mavic Air ii firmware is v01.00.0511 and was released on 2020.12.28. In this version, many new features were added. This is the reason why it is recommended that you update your DJI Mavic Air 2 to the latest firmware. So allow’south start!
DJI Mavic Air ii Firmware Update Using DJI Wing App
First, we’ll start with a firmware update using DJI Fly app. Here are the footstep by step instructions on how to update the latest firmware to your Mavic Air 2:
- Brand sure your drone battery is at least fifty% charged, as well as your RC and Smartphone.
- Connect your Smartphone with the Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller.
- Plough on the Mavic Air 2 and the Remote Controller.
- Connect Remote Controller with the drone.
- Make sure that your Smartphone is continued to a WiFi.
- Download and install the newest version of DJI Fly App.
- Within the DJI Fly App, you lot will be asked to update a new firmware version.
- Just select the “Update” and you will run into the “New Mavic Air two firmware available”.
- A progress circle will appear where it will show you update on firmware downloading and installing.
- When the installation is finished, a cheque mark will appear that says “Firmware Installed”.
- The DJI Mavic Air 2 will restart automatically after the procedure is completed.
Don’t power off your drone or exit the app during the update!
DJI Mavic Air 2 Firmware Update Using DJI Assistant 2
Some other fashion to update your drone is by using DJI Assistant two software. Hither we will guide yous on how to update the latest version of firmware to your DJI Mavic Air 2:
- Make certain that your drone battery is at least 50% charged before you start.
- Turn on the DJI Mavic Air 2.
- Connect your Mavic Air 2 to the laptop or computer using the USB cablevision.
- On your laptop or computer open the DJI Assistant 2 App and login.
- Select your DJI Mavic Air 2.
Click on “Firmware
Update” push button on DJI Banana 2 app.
- Tap on “Upgrade”, and confirm with click on “Offset Update”
- On the screen, you volition see that firmware is updating on your Mavic Air 2.
- When information technology comes at 100%, the light-green check marker will announced with message “Update Successful”.
- After the installation is completed, the Mavic Air 2 volition automatically restart.
DJI Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller Firmware Update
In this procedure, you lot volition be using the DJI Banana 2 software. Hither are the steps on how yous should update your Mavic Air 2 remote controller to the latest version:
- Plough on the DJI Mavic Air ii Remote Controller (RC).
- Connect your Remote Controller to the laptop or computer using a USB cablevision.
- Open up the DJI Assistant 2 software on your laptop or computer and Log In.
- Choose the “RC for Mavic Air 2”.
- Click on “Firmware Update”, and tap on “Upgrade” and then the latest firmware version can update.
- Now, just ostend and click on “Start Update”.
- The process of installation will begin and yous will encounter the Mavic Air 2 RC firmware progress bar.
- When the installation comes at 100%, the green check mark will appear with message “Update Successful”.
- After the new firmware is installed, just restart the Mavic Air two RC.
Things To Know Before You Update Your DJI Mavic Air 2
There are some things you lot need to know before you start the firmware update on your Mavic Air 2. Make sure that you have an updated version of the DJI Fly App because
some features and firmware fixes only work with the latest version. Also, one of import thing to keep in listen is that during the update, installation, or download of the firmware on your drone,
never turn off the quadcopter, your Smartphone, remote controller, or the Cyberspace connection.
By installing the latest version of firmware on your Mavic Air ii, you lot may reset various main controller settings. Some of them are
RTH distance and maximum flying altitude. Therefore, take notation on your preferred settings and adjust them later you finish the update.
If it happens that the update fails, just restart the Mavic Air 2, together with the remote controller and DJI Banana ii, and attempt updating your drone again. If by any chance happens that the Mavic Air ii firmware update fails by using the DJI Fly App, so try it with DJI Assistant 2 App.
Bug With DJI Mavic Air 2 Flight And RTH Issues
If you take troubleshot with your Mavic Air 2, you lot can have some easy steps and
calibrate the Mavic Air ii, with which you will most likely solve the trouble.
DJI Mavic Air 2 Firmware Update Video
If yous are 1 of those who find it easier to watch a video of how to update the firmware, we have prepared a video for you. Here is a short tutorial, which will assistance you lot update your Mavic Air 2 drone together with the remote controller past using DJI Wing App and Assistant ii software.
DJI Mavic Air ii Firmware Releases To Date
When a new drone is released on the market,
the new firmware updates are coming out every few months. This was as well the example when DJI Mavic Air 2 was released. Every new firmware update gave new features or fix software bugs. Here we volition become through all the Mavic Air 2 firmware releases till today. Hither you tin can also run across the public release notes on
DJI Mavic Air 2 downloads
DJI Mavic Air 2 Firmware Release v01.00.0511 – (28/12/2020)
- Date: 2020.12.28
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0511
- Remote Controller: v02.00.1200
- DJI Wing App iOS: v1.2.2
- DJI Fly App Android: v1.2.2
What’due south New?
cruise control was
added for Free mode in Hyperlapse (requires the new DJI Fly v1.2.two or later for iOS version. Support for Android version will exist added later). Exercise caution when using cruise command.
- Optimized RTH. If the drone is at a approximate distance of v m to 50 k from the Habitation Point when RTH is initiated, and then the drone adjusts its orientation and flies to the Home Indicate at the current altitude.
DJI Mavic Air two Firmware Release v01.00.0460 – (11/11/2020)
- Engagement: 2020.11.11
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0460
- Remote Controller: v02.00.1101
- DJI Fly App iOS: v1.2.0
- DJI Fly App Android: v1.ii.0
- The new support was added and so the remote controller can also be used with DJIMini 2. With this, it is recommended that the user use the remote controller with DJI Wing v1.ii.0 or above.
- Updated default RTH altitude to 100 m.
- The new Optimized Downward Vision System was added by increasing the altitude limit to 30 grand when the shipping is only using Downward Vision System for positioning.
- The new Optimized logic of rotational speed was added in society to reduce racket and power consumption.
- There is at present optimized detection and app alert when the propellers on Mavic Air are unfolded.
DJI Mavic Air 2 Firmware Release v01.00.0340 – (08/10/2020)
- Engagement: 2020.08.x
- Shipping Firmware: v01.00.0340
- Remote Controller: v01.00.0340
- DJI Fly App iOS: v1.ane.6
- DJI Wing App Android: v1.1.vi
- Added Rubber Flight Mode. The DJI Mavic Air 2 can now avoid obstacles automatically and volition not answer to commands to fly left or right.
- There is new 4k Zoom Fashion, which supports ii x digital zoom when it is set to 4k at xxx/25/24 fps.
- The 2 ten digital zoom was added when set to 2.7k at 60/50/48/30/25/24.
- Now four x digital zoom was added, when gear up to 1080P at 60/50/48/30/25/24 fps in video mode.
- 4k resolution at present available in Hyperlapse.
- Optimized FPV style for gimbal.
- Now the shooting performance is optimized when the drone is flying forrad in Sport style. Adjust the flight attitude on your Mavic Air to avert propellers unexpectedly showing up in the photographic camera view.
- Optimized Hyperlapse. The new ability was added and then you can pause shooting during Hyperlapse, increased the number of waypoints to 45, and added support for Task Library.
- Optimized ActiveTrack was added when the drone is tracking vehicles at low distance.
DJI Mavic Air 2 Firmware Release v01.00.0250 – (15/06/2020)
- Engagement: 2020.06.15
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0250
- Remote Controller: v01.00.0250
- DJI Fly App iOS: v1.1.4
- DJI Fly App Android: v1.i.4
- The new switch was added to automatically find subjects in FocusTrack, and the drone can optimized the overall operation of FocusTrack.
- The ability to track subjects was added when using Costless Hyperlapse mode.
At present it can shop 8K
Hyperlapse in RAW format, together with playback to view 8K Hyperlapse.
- Prompts where added in DJI Fly App when GPS experiences interference.
The maximum flight speed to xix m/s was
when using Spotlight in Sport manner, and added support for Spotlight at night.
- Optimized Smart RTH.
- Information technology is capable for optimizing performance when using wave gesture to trigger ActiveTrack and QuickShots.
- Now it can reduced racket when recording HDR video at nighttime.
DJI Mavic Air 2 Firmware Release v01.00.0130 – (09/05/2020)
- Engagement: 2020.05.09
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0130
- Remote Controller: v01.00.0108
- DJI Wing App iOS: v1.1.0
- DJI Fly App Android: v1.1.0
- Fixed occasional effect: video was abnormal when recorded to aircraft.
- Optimized Smart RTH.
DJI Mavic Air two Firmware Release v01.00.0113 – (28/04/2020)
- Date: 2020.04.28
- Shipping Firmware: v01.00.0113
- Remote Controller: v01.00.0108
- DJI Fly App iOS: V1.i.0
- DJI Fly App Android: V1.1.0
- Added FocusTrack. Merely elevate a box around the subject that you are recording to enable FocusTrack.
- Added HDR Video way.
- Added SmartPhoto mode.
- Added Waypoints for Hyperlapse.
- Now it is added 8K resolution for Free and Waypoints in Hyperlapse.
The maximum transmission distance was i
to 10 km.
DJI Mavic Air ii Secure Policy
If y’all didn’t know, DJI Mavic Air 2 is offer the Care Refresh where information technology provides 2 replacement units, where you need to pay only small additional charge in the outset year. Not calibrating your Mavic Air ii successfully, an accident can happen very easily and your drone can exist damaged. Click on the below link to know more about this offer and FAQ.
The DJI Mavic Air 2 comes with new features and fixes every time a firmware update is bachelor. As we said in this article, each new update provides new safety features, amend obstacle avoidance, new zoom modes, and optimized hyperlapse. As well, proceed in mind that your drone battery needs to be at least 40% charged before you commencement updating the firmware. You lot will accept a much better flight feel if you update your Mavic Air 2 to the latest firmware. Therefore, I wish you a pleasant and safe flight.
If you have Phantom, I have article on
How to Update DJI Phantom 4 Firmware, so check it out.