Product Comparison: Fitbit Ionic vs Garmin Vivoactive three
This site is a free online resource that strives to offering helpful content and comparing features to its visitors. Please exist advised that the operator of this site accepts advertizement compensation from certain companies that appear on the site, and such compensation impacts the location and order in which the companies (and/or their products) are presented, and in some cases may too impact the scoring that is assigned to them. The scoring that appears on this site is determined past the site operator in its sole discretion, and should NOT be relied upon for accurateness purposes. In fact, Company/product listings on this page DO NOT imply endorsement by the site operator. Except as expressly set forth in our Terms of Utilise, all representations and warranties regarding the information presented on this page are disclaimed. The data which appears on this site is subject to change at any time. More info
About the Product
Go a scout that gives you more with Fitbit Ionic—a motivating timepiece packed with fitness guidance, wellness insights, music storage, apps & more than.
From playing to paying, vívoactive iii is the smartwatch for your agile life. Brand contactless payments with ease, right from your sentry, and with more than xv preloaded sports apps — yous can choose how you lot similar to go fit. Built-in GPS lets you record the distance, pace, location and more for your outdoor activities.
What customers say about “Key Specs”
Fitbit Ionic Charcoal/Smoke Gray, I Size (Due south & L Bands Included)
- Apps that are available are actually pretty good! Doesn’t include everything though.
- They’re really practiced at building fitness tracking hardware, and developing an incredibly solid app interface. Expanding to building a total operating system and managing an app store just seems similar a bad move.
- The electric current (rollout) features are very proficient, and I only expect them to get ameliorate as the system matures.
- The band is quite stiff though only perhaps I have to break information technology in.
- I also like that Fitbit included two unlike sizes of scout bands instead of wasting everybody’south time measuring their wrists.
Garmin Vivoactive 3 Black Stainless
- Fits any quick release 20mm band and has enough of downloadable faces and so customization is huge.
- The watch looks wonderful – I wear it to the function and I like that the diameter is smaller than other garmin watches. I previously used a Fitbit but now having used the garmin I won’t go back.
- It also uses a Proprietary software instead of a Bone. Battery life is real kickass. I accept seen battery usage of 15-20% per day with bluetooth turn on/off every bit needed instead of having it turned on all the time.
- It uses a Proprietary software instead of a OS. Bombardment life is existent kickass. I have seen battery usage of fifteen-twenty% per day with bluetooth turn on/off as needed instead of having it turned on all the time.
- The pictures in the clarification are very misleading. the screen resolution is significantly lesser quality than that of other smart watches.
What customers say about “Display”
Fitbit Ionic Charcoal/Fume Gray, One Size (Southward & L Bands Included)
- The display is easy to read while running and you tin customize the displayed stats.
- The screen brandish is vivid and sensitive, and the watch itself was extremely intuitive to setup.
- I switched from my old Fitbit Surge to the new Ionic and I absolutely love information technology! I discover the display so much easier to read.
- Screen saver timeout is non currently adaptable and but stays on for 2-three seconds.
- Just “run” activities are displayed in the Strava app on the Ionic. I do other activities too, information technology would be prissy if they were displayed besides.
Garmin Vivoactive 3 Black Stainless
- Display is practiced and the backlight is enough bright. I have it forty% brightness and it’south fine there.
- Brandish is easy to read when under good lighting atmospheric condition due to cogitating screen.
- Display is adept and the backlight is enough bright. I have information technology twoscore% brightness and it’s fine at that place.
- Really the but thing that bugged me is that the display is not every bit sharp as Fitbit’s. The back light washes out nearly colors and leaves a blue/indigo hue.
- The screen is truly clear in the daylight or a well lit room, but like an actual watch its difficult to read anything without the back light in a darker setting.
3-centrality accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope, Optical heart rate monitor, Altimeter, Ambience light sensor
Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Compass, Thermometer
What customers say about “Features”
Fitbit Ionic Charcoal/Smoke Greyness, One Size (Due south & 50 Bands Included)
- Automated sleep tracking – and, information technology can shut off notifications once sleep is detected.
- Slumber tracking is pretty good! Definitely better than an app you can become on Apple/Android watch.
- The features are easy to utilize and admission, A few trial and error and y’all will get how it works. Often use functions are merely a few tabs abroad. You will familiar with it almost instantly.
- Tedious performance from time to time.
- Can’t connect to WiFi, any WiFi, Abode, work, with or without password. Any firmware update needs to exist done over Bluetooth and information technology takes thirty minutes to ane 60 minutes. It is ridiculous.
Garmin Vivoactive three Black Stainless
- Adequately authentic heart charge per unit monitor, and activeness and conditioning tracking.
- Ability to connect to external heart rate sensor is a huge plus in my opinion.
- Advanced dynamics on conditioning data are very informative.
- Gets notifications from your phone and can do some simple responses from the lookout man.
- Side scrolling can exist overly-sensitive.
- The gesture-operated dorsum low-cal algorithm is frustratingly slow. I turned information technology off and tap the watch when I need the fourth dimension in dark rooms.
What customers say about “Ability”
Fitbit Ionic Charcoal/Smoke Gray, One Size (South & L Bands Included)
- Corking bombardment life (four days), very fast battery charging, reasonably accurate GPS, monitors your sleep, you lot tin can easily bandy out third party watch bands, and recognizes when you get up stairs.
- Long battery life – I made it from Tuesday to Saturday before it needed a charge.
- Excellent battery life. Without GPS tracking, I left everything enabled and still charge every half dozen days. All notifications are active.
- In terms of battery life, information technology seems on par with my Blaze. Today is day iv of owning the Ionic and information technology is still on the initial charge it came with (with notifications off).
- I take a squeamish, convenient metal surface where I tin stick the charger for easy retrieval.
Garmin Vivoactive 3 Blackness Stainless
- Good-corking battery life when only in smartwatch fashion.
- Had information technology on for a couple days and battery is nevertheless going strong without charging out of the box (70% when I opened information technology up).
- Bombardment life is good, not as good every bit the original Vivoactive.
- The bombardment life is advertised every bit being 7 days.
- GPS battery life is definitely non 13 hours (as advertised). I get most 8-10 hours of GPS employ for runs/bike.
Warranty / Certifications