Dji Phantom 4 Pro V2 Wont Update Firmware
Knowing how to update the DJI Phantom 4 firmware to the latest version is important. These firmware updates contain fixes to solve software bugs, add together new features to the quadcopter, gimbal, photographic camera and remote controller.
This commodity has all the instructions, best practices and tips on how to successfully update the firmware on your Phantoms 4. Instructions include upgrading the Phantom iv Remote Controller, the DJI Become and Assistant 2 apps. We likewise have 3 firmware update videos at the bottom.
Likewise, at that place are some important tips on what to practise if the Phantom 4 firmware upgrade fails during the update process.
There are 2 means to update the Phantom 4 quadcopter. You can update the Phantom four with the DJI Assistant two or the DJI Go app. It is also very easy to update the Phantom 4 Remote Controller using the recommended DJI Go app.
DJI Phantom 4 Firmware Update Information
Each Phantom 4 firmware update will fix bugs, brand improvements or add together new features to your quadcopter.
The Phantom 4 Advanced and Phantom four Pro update instructions are the aforementioned. However, the firmware versions are different. So, make sure that y’all download the right firmware for your Phantom 4 quadcopter.
Phantom four Firmware Update Best Practices
A firmware upgrade is a very important process. The firmware download and upgrade to the Phantom 4 and RC needs to complete successfully. The firmware is the critical software, which makes the components on your drone piece of work. Then information technology is vital the firmware update process runs actually smooth.
If a firmware download is interrupted or the firmware file is incomplete, and then you would have to outset the download process all over over again. More than likely, you won’t get the “offset upgrade” option with an incomplete firmware file.
If the firmware file is incomplete or corrupt you could impairment a component or your drone will just not wing.
With these steps you lot tin avoid an unsuccessful firmware update.
Take Your Time
Never exist in a hurry to practice a firmware update. The Phantom 4 firmware update needs approximately one hour from start to cease to be on the safe side.
Information technology is also all-time to update the DJI Apps start, then the remote controller followed by the Phantom iv quadcopter. So, check for updates for the following;
- DJI GO App
- DJI Assistant 2 App
- Phantom 4 / Remote Controller
Call back Safety And No Disturbance
Give yourself plenty of room and a quiet spot so you can concentrate without whatever disturbance. Do not perform firmware update while the shipping is still flying in the air. Remove the propellers before starting the firmware procedure.
Fully Charged Batteries Earlier Firmware Update
Have at least l% in your batteries before starting the update. The best advice is to accept fully charged batteries in your quadcopter, remote controller and mobile device (cellphone or tablet).
Downloading The Firmware Package
When downloading the firmware update package, brand sure y’all have a very proficient internet connection. Y’all don’t desire to loose your net connection while downloading the firmware package. If you lot do lose the internet connectedness, information technology would exist better to start the firmware download again.
Updating the firmware file is very of import and we demand to exist 100% certain that the file downloads correctly. Turn on Airplane Mode on your mobile device so you won’t receive any incoming calls while the firmware is downloading, or while the Phantom iv is being updated.
How To Update Phantom 4 Firmware
There are 2 methods to update the Phantom four firmware. You lot tin update using the DJI Become app or the DJI Banana 2 app. It’s best to have the latest versions of these applications on your smart cellphone or tablet device.
- DJI Get App Version 4.3.24- Apple IOS
- DJI Go App Version 4.three.25 – Google Play
- DJI Assistant version 2 v2.0.8
Check Settings After Firmware Update
If yous take previously changed settings such as standoff abstention, maximum flight, horizontal distance or return to home altitude etc, check these settings and verify that they are how y’all want them ready.
It is quite possible that the firmware update could put these back to mill settings. This could happen especially if the firmware update was to fix a problems or add new features to the IMU,
Gyro stabilization systems, flight controller or other related drone components.
Information technology also may be a very adept idea to do aPhantom 4 IMU scale
after the update.
Calibrate The Phantom iv Compass Afterwards Firmware Update
After each firmware update, y’all need to
calibrate the Phantom iv compass
Latest Phantom 4 Firmware Update Version
At the time of writing, the latest Phantom 4 firmware version is;
- Phantom 4 Standard quadcopter firmware version number is v02.00.0700.
- Phantom 4 Pro quadcopter firmware version is 5 01.05.0600.
Here is the link to the various
Phantom 4 models on DJI’due south website. Cull your Phantom 4 model. So look for the downloads page. You will then be able to manually download the latest firmware version.
DJI Phantom 4 Firmware Update Instructions
Hither is the process to upgrade the firmware on the Phantom 4 quadcopter and the remote controller.
There are 2 ways to update the Phantom four quadcopter. You can update the Phantom 4 with the DJI Assistant or the DJI Go app. To update the firmware on the Remote Controller, then the DJI Go app is recommended.
Follow the beneath instructions and lookout the videos at the finish a couple of times. Have your fourth dimension doing the upgrade. Once you have completed a firmware update on a number of occasions, and then it will become second nature to you lot.
Updating the Phantom iv quadcopter is very like shooting fish in a barrel using the DJI Assistant software. To update the Remote Controller, the recommended option is to utilize the DJI Get app.
How To Update Phantom 4 Firmware Using DJI Assistant
- Plug the Phantom four into your computer using your micro USB to USB cable.
- Open up upwardly the DJI Banana 2 software on your laptop. This Assistant 2 software will automatically recognize your Phantom iv quadcopter.
- Click on the Phantom iv box to enter the home screen. If there is a new firmware update available it volition exist marked with a carmine box.
- Click the “Upgrade” button and the awarding will commencement to download the latest firmware update from DJI.
- When the download is complete the firmware update will begin automatically. The firmware update will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- After the firmware is upgraded, your Phantom 4 volition restart automatically.
- The Assistant 2 software should evidence “Upgrade Successful” later on the restart.
How To Update Phantom 4 Remote Control Firmware
The DJI Go App is the recommended software to update the Phantom 4 remote controller. In the DJI Go App, you will come across an overall status and a notification stating “Firmware Requires Upgrade”. Click on this and it will bring y’all to the next window where the available updates are listed.
- If your Remote Controller has an upgrade available, then it volition exist listed every bit “RC requires upgrade”.
- Click on “Download firmware”.
- Next, click on the “Start to Upgrade” push button.
- You will hear a beeping sound like to DDDD DDDD and a blue light on the remote controller as the upgrade is taking place. You will also see the percentage going from aught to 100% in the DJI Go app. When it is completed y’all will see in the DJI Get app that the “RC upgrade completed”.
- Adjacent you demand to reboot the Phantom 4 Remote Controller.
How To Update Phantom iv Firmware Using DJI Become App
- When a new Phantom 4 update is bachelor, a carmine banner will announced in the summit of the DJI Go app stating “a new firmware version is available”.
- Click on the ruby imprint. Yous volition see an overall status and a notification stating “Firmware Requires Upgrade”. Click on the “Firmware Requires Upgrade” and it will bring you to the next window where the available updates are listed.
- You will see “Shipping Requires Update, download update from DJI Go Dwelling house page”.
- Tap on the “Download Firmware” which will download the firmware from the DJI website to your device.
- When the download is complete, then adhere your device (tablet, cellphone) to the quadcopter using the USB OTG cable.
- Next, click on “Start Upgrade” in the DJI Go App. The firmware upgrade will take approximately xv to xx minutes.
- At the end of the firmware update, your Phantom 4 will automatically restart.
- If you refresh your DJI Go App the red banner will now disappear.
At present, here are 2 terrific videos, which accept you stride by step through the Phantom 4 firmware update. The kickoff video shows yous quickly how to update the firmware. The 2d video goes into a bit more detail on updating the Phantom 4 quadcopter and remote controller.
If you demand whatever components or accessories for your drone, then check out our
DJI Phantom 4 parts, upgrades and accessories
Here is a slightly longer video on how to update the Phantom 4 firmware. This has some great tips and best practices.
Phantom 4 Firmware Update Problem & Failure Signs
Here are a few signals, which show you if the Phantom iv firmware upgrade has failed.
- This firmware is still upgrading after 30 minutes. The firmware upgrade to the Phantom iv should merely take 10 to fifteen minutes. The Remote Controller should also accept approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- A long beeping sound after the firmware has been updating for more than than 30 minutes.
- The DJI Go App is showing less than 100% for the upgrade.
What To Do If Phantom 4 Update Gets Stuck Or Fails
If the Phantom 4 firmware update fails, attempt the following. Delete the downloaded firmware file from your tablet or smart phone. Then download the firmware over again.
Brand sure that yous downloaded the correct package for your Phantom iv and follow the best practices below. Also before upgrading the Phantom 4 or Remote Controller, the software app (DJI Get / Assistant two app) should be up to appointment.
If the update has failed with the DJI Get app, then endeavour with the DJI Assistant 2. Be sure to connect your Phantom to the actual reckoner which has the DJI assistant on information technology and non from your telephone or tablet. In one case y’all’ve got it connected, yous’ll need to reset your Phantom to its original manufacturing plant state / setting pre-firmware upgrade failure then try again to upgrade again.
Phantom four Firmware Update Benefits
Since the release of the Phantom 4 in the spring of 2016, there have been eight firmware updates. The latest Phantom 4 Pro firmware update was 2018.03.08. When DJI release a new quadcopter onto the market, yous will more often than not see new firmware releases every month. Then as all the problems are fixed or less new features been added, so the firmware releases are less frequent.
Here is a listing of some of the bugs fixed and new features which the Phantom four firmware updates take contained. Yous tin can find the full list in the “Phantom 4 Firmware Release Notes” on the Phantom 4 download page.
- Optimized photograph color and contrast.
- Stock-still an issue that occasionally caused flipped live view when the aircraft braked during flying.
- Added Pano shooting modes (with DJI GO 4 v4.1.xx or higher).
- Optimized GEO Zone Management.
- Fixed a rare issue where progress could stall during gimbal car calibration.
- Updated No-Fly Zone Management.
- Optimized No-Fly Zone Return to Home.
- For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of thirty g and altitude of fifty m when not connected.
or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO four and all apps uniform with DJI aircraft.
- Optimized gimbal performance to improve its stability during flight.
- Optimized No-Fly Zone Render to Abode and unlocking.
- Improved 4k video recording stability.
- Add a new feature to automatically plough off the Front LED while taking still photos or videos. This features is enabled in the “Photographic camera Settings” section of the DJI Go app.
- Optimized distance adjustment logic so that the Phantom 4 volition automatically adjust its altitude according to changes in the terrain while using ActiveTrack (when the quadcopter is flying within 10 meters of the ground).
- New optimized photographic camera and lens spectrum parameters.
- Much improved propeller guard recognition to reduce the chances of not detection.
- A modify to the notification tone for gimbal initialization.
- Reduce the occurrence of sudden altitude drop and the driblet range during flight.
- Set up for DNG files display issue in HDR mode.
- Gear up to the camera alive view so it does non become blurry when using a colour contour.
- Improved encryption for vastly improved security during transmission.
- Optimized takeoff logic for the Phantom iv when the compass experiences interference.
- Corrects organization status information for some batteries.
- Increase the download speed for photos and videos.