Cp2102 Driver Free Download for Windows 10
- ane. Overview
- 2. Windows Drivers and Installation Instructions
- 3. Mac Os X Drivers
- 4. Linux Installation
We use the
CP2102 USB-to-UART Span Controller in several of our products to provide USB connectivity while communicating via a uncomplicated serial protocol. Information technology is the key component of our
Pololu USB-to-serial adapter:
Pololu USB-to-series adapter with CP2102
and is as well used in our
Orangutan USB Programmer,
USB 16-Servo Controller, and
Orangutan X2. These CP2102-based products characteristic a mini-B connector, and so you will need a
USB A to mini-B cable
to connect them to one of your computer’s USB ports. In one case the appropriate drivers are installed for your system, the CP2102 will wait like a standard serial port. This document provides you with the necessary drivers along with installation instructions.
Before you connect your Pololu CP2102 device to a computer running Microsoft Windows, you should install its drivers:
- Download the
CP2102 drivers for Windows
Y’all must extract the nil archive into a temporary directory.
effort to double-click or run whatever of the files until yous take extracted them.
- Open the temporary directory and run the advisable executable. If yous have a 64-bit operating arrangement, yous should run
pololu-cp2102-setup-x64.exe. If you have a 32-fleck operating arrangement, you lot should run
- During the installation, Windows will inquire you if yous desire to install the drivers. Click “Install” (Windows 10, 8, seven, and Vista) or “Continue Anyway” (Windows XP).
- The installer should complete successfully.
Windows ten, Windows viii, Windows 7, and Windows Vista users:
Your calculator should at present automatically install the necessary drivers when you connect a Pololu CP2102 device. No further action from you is required.
Windows XP users:
Yous need to follow steps 6–10 for each new device you connect to your figurer.
- Connect the device to your computer’s USB port. Your computer volition discover the new hardware and open the Institute New Hardware Wizard.
- When the Found New Hardware Wizard is displayed, select “No, not this time” and click “Next”.
- On the 2nd screen of the Found New Hardware Magician, select “Install the software automatically” and click “Next”.
- Windows XP will warn you lot once more that the driver has not been tested by Microsoft and recommend that you stop the installation. Click “Go on Anyway”.
- When you have finished the Establish New Hardware Wizard, click “Finish”.
If you now go to your calculator’s Device Manager and expand the “Ports (COM & LPT)” list, you should see “Pololu USB-to-Series Adapter” as one of the COM ports.
Windows 8 device manager showing a Pololu CP2102 device.
Some software will not permit connection to college COM port numbers. If you demand to change the COM port number assigned to your USB adapter, you can practice so using the Windows device managing director. Bring upwards the backdrop dialog for the “Pololu USB-to-Series Adapter” COM port and click the “Advanced…” push button in the “Port Settings” tab. From this dialog y’all can alter the COM port assigned to your device.
To use the CP2102 on a computer running Mac OS 10, y’all should download and install the
CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers from Silicon Labs
for Mac Bone X.
Additionally, we take older drivers that other customers have used successfully on both PowerPC- and Intel-based Macs running OS 10 version 10.3.9 or afterward, but these probably will not work on version 10.seven or later on. You can download these drivers here:
Mac OS X compatibility:
We take confirmed that our CP2102-based devices piece of work on Mac OS X ten.vii and other customers have used them successfully on older versions. We can assist with advanced technical issues, but most of our tech support staff does not use Macs, and so basic support for Mac OS X is limited.
Recent versions of the linux kernel include support for the CP2102 USB-to-UART Bridge Controller as office of the usb-serial commuter, so your Pololu CP2102 should work right out of the box. We have verified that the CP2102 works with Ubuntu versions vii.04 and eight.04. If you lot feel any problems, nosotros recommend you upgrade to the most recent version of your distribution.