Can I Update the Firmware of My Jbl 3.1
JBL Bar three.ane
Thank you for purchasing the JBL Bar 3.1. The JBL Bar three.1 is designed to bring an boggling sound experience to your home entertainment organisation. We urge you lot to take a few minutes to read through this manual, which describes the product and includes step-by-step instructions to assistance you lot set upwardly and get started.
CONTACT US: If you accept whatsoever questions almost JBL Bar 3.ane, its installation or its operation, delight contact your retailer or custom installer, or visit our website at
2. WHAT’South IN THE BOX
Remote Control and Batteries
Power Cables* (4ft, 1200mm)
*Power cable numbers varied by regions
HDMI Cablevision (4ft, 1200mm)
AUX Cablevision (4ft, 1200mm)
Wall Mount Brackets
Product Information & Wall-mounted guide
3. CONNECT YOUR SOUNDBAR
This section helps you connect your soundbar to a TV and other devices, and prepare the whole system.
Connect Soundbar to your Television
Connect your soundbar to a Goggle box. You lot can mind to audio from TV programs through your soundbar.
Connect to Television set through HDMI (ARC)
An HDMI connectedness supports digital audio and is the best option to connect to your soundbar. If your TV supports HDMI ARC, you can hear the TV sound through your soundbar by using a single HDMI cable.
Note: Do confirm if HDMI CEC function on your TV is turned on.
Connect to Boob tube through Optical
An Optical connection supports digital audio and is an alternative to an HDMI audio connection.
Confirm to ready your TV sound settings to support “external speakers” and disable the congenital-in TV speakers.
Connect Soundbar to other devices
Connect digital devices through HDMI
Connect a digital device such equally a set-top box, DVD/Blu-ray role player, or games console to your soundbar through a single HDMI connection. When you connect the devices in this way and play a file or game, the
- video is automatically displayed on your TV, and
- audio is automatically played on your soundbar.
- Using a Loftier Speed HDMI cable, connect the HDMI OUT connector on your digital device to the HDMI IN on your soundbar. Connect your soundbar to TV through HDMI OUT (ARC).
- Press repeatedly SOURCE push button on the remote control until the corresponding HDMI 1/ HDMI 2/ HDMI 3 is displayed on the display console.
- If the Television set is not HDMI CEC compliant, select the correct video input on your TV.
- On the connected device, plow on HDMI CEC operations. For details, come across the user transmission of the device.
Pick 2: Connect devices through analog sound cables
one. Using an analog cable, connect the AUX IN (iii.5mm jack) on your soundbar to the AUX OUT / 3.5mm connectors on your portable devices.
2. Press repeatedly SOURCE button on the remote command until AUX is displayed on the display panel.
Ability on your system
Pair with the subwoofer
The wireless subwoofer automatically connects with the soundbar when both units are powered on. If the subwoofer is on and connected, the LED lights white continuously.
If no audio from the wireless subwoofer can be heard, manually pair the subwoofer:
- Turn on the soundbar and the subwoofer. If the connection is lost, the LED indicator on the subwoofer blinks slowly.
- Press the CONNECT button on the subwoofer to enter pairing mode. The LED indicator on the subwoofer blinks quickly.
- Press and hold DIM Display button on remote control for 5 seconds, followed by short press on BASS+, and BASSbutton in sequence. Panel display will show “PAIRING”
If the pairing succeeds, the LED indicator on the subwoofer lights upwardly and the soundbar brandish will prove “Washed”.
If the pairing fails, the indicator on the subwoofer blinks slowly.
- If the pairing fails, repeat the steps above.
4. Place YOUR SOUNDBAR
4a. Place the Soundbar on the table
4b. Wall mount the Soundbar
Use tape to stick the wall-mounted paper guide on the wall, push button a pen tip through the center of each mounting hole to mark the wall-mounted bracket location and remove the paper.
Spiral the wall mount brackets on the pen mark; screw the threaded mounting mail service into the back of the soundbar; and so hook the soundbar on the wall.
5. Utilise YOUR SOUNDBAR Organization
1. To Control
a. Tiptop panel
b. Remote Control
* Switch betwixt HDMI ARC/ HDMI ane/ HDMI ii/ HDMI three/ Optical/ AUX/ Bluetooth/USB
** Switch between Standard/ music/voice/ film/ sports audio manner or press and agree 5 seconds to reset default audio setting
*** For USB playback simply; switch between shuffle/ repeat all/ repeat i/ off
ii. To use Bluetooth
2a. Press Bluetooth (BT) button on your remote control
to start Bluetooth pairing
2b. Select “JBL Bar iii.ane” to connect
Press and hold Bluetooth (BT) button on your remote
command for iii seconds if yous want to pair another mobile device.
– If asked for a PIN code when connecting a Bluetooth device, enter <0000>.
– In Bluetooth connection mode, the Bluetooth connection will be lost if the distance between the Soundbar and the Bluetooth device exceeds 32.viii ft/ 10m.
– The Soundbar automatically turns off after x minutes in the Ready state.
– Electronic devices may cause radio interference. Devices that generate electromagnetic waves must be kept away from the Soundbar main unit of measurement – east.g., microwaves, wireless LAN devices, etc.
3. To use Soundshift
By default, Soundshift is OFF, Bluetooth music cannot interruption in your current source.
Press SOUNDSHIFT button on your remote control to enable Soundshift characteristic.
While Soundshift is on, play and pause your music source to enjoy auto-switch betwixt your mobile devices – Bluetooth source (A) and TV – Previous source (B).
4. To use USB
Play music files located on USB storage devices through the soundbar.
1. Connect a 2.0 USB drive to your soundbar.
2. Press repeatedly SOURCE button on the remote control until USB is displayed on the display panel.
If USB is detected, display volition bear witness LOADING and music first playing automatically.
Songs on your USB device is using the below logic to play music.
• If at that place is no file in the binder, the folder will non appear.
• Files are recognized by alphabetical and numerical guild. Files in root will exist beginning recognized, followed by files in folders. Thus, files will be played from file
one by i.
Control USB playback
Use Play/ Suspension/ Previous/ Adjacent/ Shuffle to command music on your USB device.
Before yous connect a USB device, exist enlightened of the following:
- This soundbar can brandish file or folder names that contain numbers or English characters only. Other languages and symbol are not supported.
- If the file name of a file on a USB device exceeds xv characters, it is not displayed on the Soundbar’south display.
- Do not remove the USB device while it is transferring files.
- DRM-protected music files (MP3, WMA) from commercial web sites cannot exist played.
Compatible USB devices
- MP3 Player : Flash blazon MP3 player.
- USB Flash Drive : Devices that support USB 2.0.
- Some USB devices may non be supported.
USB device requirement
- Devices which crave additional program installation connected to a estimator, are not supported.
- Do not extract the USB device while in operation.
- For a big capacity USB, information technology may take longer than a few minutes to be searched. The Soundbar does non back up USB devices with 2000 files or more on information technology.
- The Soundbar USB Port cannot be connected to PC and it can not be used as a storage device.
- The exFAT and NTFS file system is not supported on this unit.
(FAT16/FAT32 systems are bachelor.)
- Depending on some devices, it may not bachelor to recognize the followings on this unit of measurement.
— External HDD
— Card readers
— Locked devices
— Difficult type USB devices
— USB hub
— Using USB extension cablevision
— Android device
6. Sound SETTING
This section helps you cull the ideal audio for your video or music.
Before yous start
- Make the necessary connections described in the user manual.
- On the soundbar, switch to corresponding source for other devices.
Adjust the volume
- Printing Volume +/- button to increase or decrease a volume level.
- To mute sound, printing MUTE push button.
- To restore the sound, press MUTE button again or press Book +/- button
Choose sound effect
i. Surround sound fashion
- Experience an immersive sound experience with JBL surround sound mode.
- Press SURROUND push to plow environment manner on or off.
- On: Create a surround listening experience.
- Off: Two-channel stereo sound. Ideal for listening to music.
- Change low frequency (bass) settings of the soundbar.
- Press BASS +/- to modify the subwoofer volume level.
3. Sound style
- Select predefined sound modes to suit your video or music.
- Printing Audio push to select a audio choice from the brandish panel.
- Select the STANDARD mode if you want to bask the original audio.
- Select the MUSIC, MOVIE, Phonation, SPORTS manner depending on the content you lot want to listen to.
iv. Dark mode
- For quiet listening, nighttime fashion decreases the volume of loud sounds when audio is played.
- Nighttime fashion is only available for Dolby Digital soundtracks.
- Press NIGHT MODE push button to plow night fashion on or off.
Press and hold 5 seconds SOUND button to reset default audio setting.
Synchronize video and audio
- If the audio and video are not synchronized, filibuster the audio to match the video.
- Press Audio SYNC +/- button to synchronize the audio with the video.
7. Reply TO YOUR TV REMOTE Control
Employ your own TV remote control to control your soundbar
7a. For well-nigh Samsung, LG, Sony and Vizio TVs*
The soundbar responds to your Television receiver remote control automatically. Controllable functions are volume up/down and mute. Press and hold SHUFFLE button on soundbar remote control if you lot want to disable this function.
– Make sure that the sound output of your TV is set to “External speaker”.
– Depending on the remote control, this office may not work well.
– This function does not operate on LG TV’s magic remote command.
– This role may not work well when HDMI CEC is ON.
– Some remote command may not operate if you lot press repeatedly the book button.
– If your Goggle box remote command is not supported, follow section 7b and do IR remote learning.
7b. For other TVs, practice IR remote learning
To program the soundbar to reply to your TV remote controlfollow these steps. Commencement, press and concur VOLUME+ and SOURCE push button to enter learning mode.
Then, press Power push button on the soundbar and press Ability push button on the Television set remote control
This soundbar automatically switches to standby afterward 10 minutes of button inactivity and no sound/video play from a connected device.
Automobile wake up
The soundbar is powered on whenever a sound signal is received. This is about useful when connecting to the Television receiver using the optical cable, as most HDMI™ ARC connections enable this feature past default.
Set display effulgence
Press DIM button on remote command repeatedly to select a different brightness level of the display panel on this production
Utilise manufactory settings
• Reset this soundbar to the default settings programmed at the factory.
• In any source way, press and hold VOLUME -, Book+ and SOURCE button on soundbar top panel until text display shows RESET.
• When the manufacturing plant settings restore is complete, the product automatically switches off and restarts.
Check Software version
• Press and hold DIM DISPLAY button for 5 seconds in whatsoever source, Hold and printing DIM Brandish button for 5 seconds, followed by SOUND Style and NIGHT MODE push.
• To check subwoofer software version, pls connect subwoofer to soundbar via a 3.5mm AUX in cable and follow the above procedure.
JBL may offer updates for soundbar’south system firmware in the futurity. If an update is offered, yous tin can update the firmware by connecting a USB device with the firmware update stored on it to the USB port on your soundbar.
or contact JBL call heart to receive more information almost downloading update files.
9. PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS
- Total Maximum Power: 450W
- Soundbar Maximum Ability: 150W
- Soundbar Standby Power: <0.5W
Subwoofer Maximum Power:
Subwoofer Standby Power:
Soundbar Transducer Size:
6 10 2.25″ racetrack drivers \ three×1.25″tweeter
- Subwoofer Transducer Size: 10″
35Hz to 20KHz
0°C – 45°C
Input and Output
• Sound inputs: ane Analog, 1 Optical, Bluetooth, USB
• HDMI Video Inputs: 3
• HDMI Video Output(with Audio Return Channel): 1
• HDMI HDCP Version: 2.2
• Bluetooth Version: 4.two
• Max Bluetooth Range: 32 ft (10m)
• Bluetooth Profile: A2DP V1.3 / AVRCP V1.half-dozen
(USB) port: Type A
File Format Blazon Compatibility listing:
Product dimension and weight
• Soundbar Dimensions (Due west x H 10 D) : 1018 10 58 10 78 (mm) \ 40″x2.three″x3″
• Soundbar Weight: 2.3kg \ v.1lbs
• Subwoofer Dimensions (W ten H x D) : 440 x 305 x 305 (mm) \ 16″ x 12″ x 12″
• Subwoofer Weight: 12.1kg \ 26.7lbs
• Packaging Dimensions (W x H x D) : 1097 x 365 x 450 (mm) \ 43.2″ x 14.4″ ten 17.7″
• Packaging Weight (Gross): 17.85kg \ 39.4 lbs
Wireless transmitter/receiver department
• Bluetooth Frequency Range: 2402MHz-2480MHz
• Max Transmitting power: 9dBm (EIRP)
• Bluetooth Transmitter modulation : GFSK, π/iv DQPSK, \ 8DPSK
• 5.8G Wireless Frequency Range: 5740MHz-5840MHz
• 5.8G Max Transmitting power: 20dBm (EIRP)
If you lot have problems using this product, bank check the post-obit points before you request service.
The unit of measurement will not turn on.
- Check if power string is plugged into the outlet and the soundbar
No sound from Soundbar.
- Make sure that the soundbar is non muted.
- On the remote command, select the correct audio input source
- Connect the audio cable from your soundbar to your TV or other devices.
- However, y’all do not need a separate audio connection when:
– the soundbar and TV are connected through HDMI ARC connexion, or
– a device is continued to the HDMI IN connector on your soundbar.
- Reset your soundbar to its factory settings via press and concur Volume -, VOLUME+ and SOURCE push button on the soundbar top console
Audio is strange later on sound setting aligning
- Reset audio setting past printing and hold Audio button on remote command for five seconds
No sound from the wireless subwoofer.
- Cheque if the Subwoofer LED is in solid white color. If white LED is blinking, connection is lost. Manually pair the Subwoofer to soundbar (see ‘Pair with the subwoofer’ on page 4).
Distorted sound or repeat.
- If you play sound from the Tv through the soundbar, make sure that the Tv is muted.
Sound and video are non synchronized.
• Press Audio SYNC +/- to synchronize the audio with the video.
Error message is displayed on the display console.
• When “Mistake” is displayed, information technology indicates that an input audio format is not supported.
• When “Error” is displayed in USB source, it indicates that the connected USB device or Sound file is not supported
If in that location is no movie on the TV Screen
• Cheque that the soundbar power is ON, the intended source is ON, and the input is prepare correctly on the soundbar.
A device cannot connect with the Soundbar.
- You lot accept not enabled the Bluetooth function of the device. Encounter the user manual of the device on how to enable the part.
- The soundbar is already connected with another Bluetooth device. Press and hold BT button on your remote control to disconnect the continued device, then endeavour once again.
- Turn off and turn off your Bluetooth device and endeavour to connect again.
- The device is not correctly continued. Connect the device correctly.
Quality of audio play from a connected Bluetooth device is poor.
- The Bluetooth reception is poor. Move the device closer to the soundbar, or remove any obstacle between the device and the soundbar.
The connected Bluetooth device connects and disconnects constantly.
- The Bluetooth reception is poor. Movement your Bluetooth device closer to the soundbar, or remove whatever obstacle between the device and the soundbar.
- For some Bluetooth device, the Bluetooth connection can be deactivated automatically to salve power. This does not indicate any malfunction of the soundbar.
The remote control does not work.
- Bank check if the batteries are drained and replace with new batteries.
- If the distance betwixt the remote command and the main unit is too far, move it closer to the unit.
HARMAN International Industries,
Incorporated 8500 Balboa
Boulevard, Northridge, CA 91329
© 2017 HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated. All rights reserved. JBL is a trademark of HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated, registered in the United states of america and/or other countries. Features, specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice. The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks endemic by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any apply of such marks by HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated is nether license. Other trademarks and merchandise names are those of their corresponding owners. The terms HDMI, the HDMI logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United states and other countries. Manufactured nether license from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby, Dolby Audio, Pro Logic and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.